Trying to take hubby's hometime away because he did a 34 hour reset??

Discussion in 'Swift' started by newtruckerwife84, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    get him away from those advances for sure, I have never taken one even when I was struggling.

Make sure he has his exemptions and stuff updated since that net is horrible, this next check I grossed $778.92 and my net is $629.09. I do not get benefits so only deductions besides the normal ones are my US legal for $7.61 and the Swift loan.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. newtruckerwife84

newtruckerwife84 Light Load Member

Mar 16, 2013
    O Kean, Arkansas
    He wouldn't have to get an advance every week if he made enough lol. I think he's decided to try Melton because with Melton's mileage pay alone he would have made $250 more and that's not counting their tarp pay and melton's benefits are cheaper. It'd be nice being able to actually afford health insurance.

4. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, with Obamacare it is no longer much of a choice. It is now a law that you have it.

The thing with advances is, you have to struggle for a week to get off it.
    We are only allowed $100 per week, after all.
    Once he gets flush, that $100 is history.

Can't blame him for making a move though, if he can't make enough at Swift.

5. Wolfyinc

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    I was close to leaving for awhile, getting the current gig was the only thing that stopped me from looking, once a week I still browse for jobs in different places just seeing if I see something I really like and not trucking jobs. Applied for a management job last week in Morro Bay, one of our favorite CA beaches to visit off the 101 and I have always dreamed of living near there. Big chance they wont even call me for an interview but never hurts for me to apply to those. I have a job so its not like I need one right now but I wont pass up an opportunity to make a dream come true.

6. inkeper

inkeper Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Texas
    I had a dream once...but I woke up and was still driving!

Moosetek13 and Wolfyinc Thank this.
  7. Wolfyinc

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or

lol I chuckled

its kinda true, once you become a trucker its a harder career to get away from compared to some. Well I can get out of it but im not doing anything stupid on purpose :p

8. Cbake84

Cbake84 Light Load Member

Nov 27, 2011
    Missoula, Mt
    maverick flatbed is based out of little rock, I had a buddy drove for them, he was up to .41 or .43 a mile at 12 months, also with maverick he could run regional, be home most weekends( not all) and still bring home more money than what your telling us he makes at swift

9. snowd21

snowd21 Light Load Member

May 19, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    blsqueak, 1100 to break even thats awesome. And $1300 a week is much better then I assumed leasing a truck would return.

How many days to you spend at home in a month?

10. Wolfyinc

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    bisqueak stays out for awhile at a time, dont think he goes home monthly

11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    During this time of the year I stay out at least 6 weeks. After the first of the year I only stay out 3 weeks and home 3 days. I just do not go home on weekends. I go home on a Monday, that way have the miles for the payment and see a check, then come back out on a Friday, then have 5-6 days to run for the next pay week

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.