TSMT bought by Daseke Trucking group.

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Midnightrider909, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    It was announced yesterday that my company, TSMT, was bought out by Daseke Trucking. If you look at their website they own about 15 trucking companies. If any of you work for any of these companies that were bought out by Daseke please post your experiences. Supposedly Daseke likes to buy companies and let them run themselves and not make changes but I’ve heard that before. I’m just wondering if things are going to get better or get worse or stay the same.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. racemaxx24

racemaxx24 Heavy Load Member

Jul 4, 2014
    East TN
    They bought Moore Freight Service also. What little I’ve heard about them was positive, I’m interested in seeing how this goes...

Midnightrider909 Thanks this.
  4. Pete jockey

Pete jockey Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2015
    North of Pittsburgh Pa
    They’re definitely monopolizing flats

5. Midnightrider909

Midnightrider909 Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2016
    What’s weird is our company sold our flatbed heavy haul division a couple months ago.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    They bought Central Oregon... ..maybe some of their drivers can answer this.

7. sevenmph

sevenmph Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2007
    Pinellas county Florida
    Friends drive for Smokey Point Distribution. Bought a couple years ago by Daeske. They are happy. Not many changes according to them.

8. Amarillo

Amarillo Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2017
    The wife and I run team here at TSMT and I was wondering the same thing.One of my buddies who served in Iraq with me drive's for Bulldog Express, who was also bought out by Deseke.And he says that so far,so good.That Deseke didn't change anything other then they were given the option to buy stock in the company.

9. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I was with E.W. Wylie when they were bought. Didn't see much change other than the wind power division was pretty much eliminated. That may have been in the works before the buyout.

10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    From what I understand they buy these companies as an investment... Pretty much why I see it is is that they are just pretty much a financial backing for all these other companies who run as a separate entity under the daeske Corporate umbrella

11. The Block Robert

The Block Robert Light Load Member

May 12, 2016
    I work at and have been with SPD for a while. There have been no significant changes that being said DASAKE went public last year again no changes. As far as buying stock all of us were GIFTED stock at the price when it went public. Initial value $4000 now about $5800. The theory is that by giving us stock over a 5 year period will keep more drivers long term.

Don Dasake is a nice and genuine guy who entrusts his people and does realize that drivers are the backbone of any trucking company. I personally was shocked when Mr. Dasake called me to congradulate me on a company award gave me his personal cell phone number and said I could call at anytime I had a problem. Not many Owners/CEOS would do that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.