TTR Alabama tornado relief drive!

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Scarecrow03, May 1, 2011.

1. panhandleswife

panhandleswife <strong>Florida Girl</strong>

Jan 14, 2007
    Well I think it's great what yall are doing . i hope they dont stop all of yall hard work and yall can keep geting things to all the people that need help in Alabama . all the place that where hit where hit bad .

here's a link to the family that Pat sister and her hubby and other's help to dig out from under there house and this people or on Shoal creek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DH3zhgAWBQ&feature=player_embedded

Scarecrow03, Brickman and lilillill Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scarecrow03

Scarecrow03 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2006
    In Your Head
    All is well in Rainsville. Unfortunately, FEMA ain't nowhere to be seen here.

I was looking forward to having a new hood ornament.

4. Texasstar5000

Texasstar5000 Bobtail Member

May 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Hi There...

I am just wondering if any Truckers are willing to help get some donations to McDonald Chapel, AL ..from Austin, TX. My husband and I volunteered with Volunteers of America (South East) and will be traveling to McDonald Chapel this weekend. We collected and continue to collect donations to take with us. We originally thought we would have a truck..turns out we don't. We have reached out to everyone, church, family, friends, local businesses, national companies etc.. Someone told us to try "UShip.com" to try and see if there were any truckers willing to carry our donations on one of their routes..but that sight isnt working properly.

I hope no one minds me trying to find help here. As you may know McDonald Chapel and many other small communities do not have ANY HELP. They are without electricity, water, food and other necessities. The bigger areas (Tuscaloosa / Birmingham) are getting alot of attention but these tiny rural communities are not. They really need any supplies ASAP. Right now..if we do not collect any more donations we have about a pickup truck full of boxed items. Non perishable food items, Bottled water, Hygiene Kits, Baby Food, Diapers, Pillows, Blankets, Teddy Bears..etc..If anyone wants to help, or can give some advice on maybe who could help..we and the families expecting these items would very much appreciate it.

Again, we have tried moving companies, truck rental companies, big and small..and even the general public..I am really having a hard time believing that here in Texas - LAND OF TRUCKS (cant throw a rock and not hit someone who has a truck) - that NO ONE can get on this and help make it happen.
    God Bless You for reading this and again, if I offended anyone or broke the forum rules (I dont think I did??) by posting this I apologize..I truly am trying everything I can think of to make this happen.

sammycat, dino6960, LaKitten and 3 others Thank this.
  5. lilillill

lilillill Sarcasm... it's not just for breakfast

Nov 7, 2007
    Possum Booger, Alabama
    Look here first... http://www.toomers4tuscaloosa.com/ they're assisting other communities besides Tuscaloosa. They also have a facebook page where you can post a message to ask for assistance in getting a truck.

6. Texasstar5000

May 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Hi - I've been trying that. I have them as a facebook friend (I am Shannon Michelle) on FB. But their page is covered in need..my posts keep getting lost in the threads. I also tried WIth Love from Texas - Alabama Relief page.. no luck at all. I will keep trying but at this point - the closer we get to leaving - we really need to nail something down.

Scarecrow03 Thanks this.
  7. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    How much do you have to move ? Will a pickup truck/trailer work or do you need a tractor/trailer?

Texasstar5000 and Scarecrow03 Thank this.
  8. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    You will probably need to contact Holly directly at T.F.T. She makes things happen. There were a couple of tractor trailers loading in DFW if that is an option. There was also a large dropoff point in Houston as well. I think consolidation with another collection site may be your best bet.

From a resident of an affected area in Alabama, Thank You for what you are doing. I, for one, greatly appreciate it.

Texasstar5000 Thanks this.
  9. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    The following was taken from Toomers for Tuscaloosa's Facebook page.

Toomer's for Tuscaloosa
    TEAM ALABAMA UPDATE: FEMA SAID THAT ALABAMA HAS DONE MORE IN ONE WEEK THAN KATRINA RELIEF DID IN SIX MONTHS!!! CAN I GET A WAR EAGLE AND A ROLL TIDE Y'ALL?

Texasstar5000, dino6960, Ducks and 3 others Thank this.
  10. Brickman

Brickman Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 17, 2006
    WY

That man's story will really pull at the heart strings.

Texasstar5000 Thanks this.
  11. Texasstar5000

May 4, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Thank you for everyone's help..Toomers for Tuscaloosa has been a God send to Alabama. I keep praying for them every day. This disaster will take months if not years to recover from. We are only doing what the Good Lord tells us too..He says go..and we go..Boots on the Ground right here in the U.S! WAR EAGLE AND ROLL TIDE! @Rookietrucker a truck/trailer could work for now..but if we can get bigger we WILL fill it. @Eskimo6804..your right but Houston is 3 hours from me and Dallas is 4..dont know how we could get it there even if we wanted to w/out a truck..if we can get transport then we might as well go directly to the people. Besides they are already expecting us..and our donations. Sure wish that truck deal had come through..wasnt the guy's fault though..he had a family emergency.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.