Turbo 3000 Super Vada Fuel Device

Discussion in 'Storage Trailer' started by BearGator56, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Redneck

Redneck BANNED

Dec 5, 2005
    Chillicothe,OH
    Heck you could probably get your money back on Ebay for it.... If it doesn't work to your advantage.:laughing8:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Burky

Burky Road Train Member

I never have a real problem with someone trying something, and as long as the cost is reasonable and isn't going to break you, it's worth the cost and the risk. I have some real questions about the Turbo 3000, yet I have read some fairly credible people supporting it's use.

The main thing that you have to do to have any credibility is to be able to prove the conditions under which you tested it. For example, you should have the data for a reasonably long period before it's installation to verify how you were running and the fuel you used. Preferably, it should be about 50-60k miles, so that there was enough of a time period to eliminate small fluctuations in the data due to weather, or slow periods, or excessive idle times like winter for cold, etc.

Then, there is the installation, and for Turbo 3000, they call for 25000 miles before it is fully working and has the engine up to par. Why they call for this I can't say, but it's right in their literature that it can take up to 25,000 miles for it to reach it's full benefits. So that 25k miles is off the books for any validation purposes.

Then after that, there needs to be a period of about the same as the first, and this is the point where any fuel mileage gains should be seen.

So in essence, it takes about a year or more to adequately test something like this. I feel confident I can do something like this because I routinely track my loaded miles and empty miles so I can verify that my percentages of loaded vice empty didn't change. If my empty miles surged higher, the fuel use would be less simply due to the loss of rolling resistance from the weight.

If someone puts it on and immediately reports that he saw a 10% improvement, I am always skeptical because I can make one tank of fuel do just about anything I want it to do for mileage. The longer you run it, the more the test data smooths out small glitches in the info.

If you can come back and say that you ran without it for a certain goodly length of time, then installed it and ran for a set period for it to work, and the tracked your mileage for another long period, your credibility is much stronger. Describing in detail how something worked always adds to the story.

And believe me, in spite of my questioning it some, I hope the thing works like a charm and does exactly what the maker say it does. I wish nothing but the best for you installing it. You are our guinea pig on this.

4. BearGator56

BearGator56 "The G stands for GOOD!"

Apr 11, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Well, I give them props for fast shipping. Came yesterday US Express Mail. Nice packaging and detailed instructions. Install looks to be pretty easy, as they sent everything needed for my application. As long as the fuel line is long enough, I don't anticipate any problems.

The piece is machined and solid. Looking into it, there are two cross sections of metal in the flow path. Kind of like two rectangle "shims" placed in a "x", or "+" configuration. It widens on the inside, so not sure what else has been done inside of it. Be nice to tear one of these open-not gonna be this one, though.

The following are the pictures of the device... I attempted to install it today, but the flange on the fuel line to the t-block was too tight. I will get some channel locks and try it again. I need to secure the thing so it doesn't flex the fuel rail. If I would have had the proper tools, it would have taken 15 minutes.

5. BearGator56

Apr 11, 2006
    Orlando, FL
  6. BearGator56

Apr 11, 2006
    Orlando, FL
  7. BearGator56

Apr 11, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone got any ideas on how to loosen the flange nut on the darn fuel rail t-block? I've tried vise grips while securing the t-block in place, and it won't budge-just strips the nut!

This is like my Murphy's Law. Things are always harder than they should be.

8. Truckin Juggalo

Truckin Juggalo Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Madisonville, TN
    I guess a torch is out of the question lol

umm...try soaking it some
    PB Penetrating Catalyst man that stuff will loosen anything...
    PB Penetrating Catalyst

9. BearGator56

Apr 11, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    I will be getting this thing installed over the weekend. I talked to my carrier's shop mechanic, and he's going to put it on. The funny thing is, when I asked him to "take a look at something" I said "you're probably going to think I'm a fool." He's an old-school mechanic, and some of those guys tend to be set in their ways.

I was really surprised when he said "whatcha got?" The first thing he said was "I believe in those things"! He then told me about two guys he installed this for. I didn't get details of their rigs, but one was an OTR guy, and the other was doing delivery driving like what I am doing now. The OTR guy reports +3 mpg improvement, and the delivery guy is at +1 mpg.

So, I'll start posting my real world results next week. Sorry it's taking so long. I just couldn't get that nut loose, and didn't want to damage my fuel rail. Be in a big mess then!

10. BearGator56

Apr 11, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Just an update...

I have had this thing installed almost 3 weeks now. The thing is, I also installed the Michelin X-Ones at the same time. I have seen some improvement in the on-board MPG meter. About .1-.2 MPG. I don't know what it can be attributed to yet, exactly. We have been experiencing cooler weather here in GA, so I'm not running the a/c full time. So, the small gain could be just the weather.

More reports to follow as things stabilize...

11. buck and a half

buck and a half Mr. Miles & Miles with Many Smiles

Aug 11, 2006
    madison,me
    Personally I believe this turbo thing does what they say it does. I too listen to nemo and bill mack. I can't believe that all these call ins are wrong. It seems like it is legit and just maybe its not getting its just due because it really works. The only one that its going to save is you,the big companies have alot of lease trucks,some getting kickbacks thru surcharges like jb hunt and prime,maybe dart? the more fuel you save the less you buy,just an idea that might be their logic.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.