Turbo Wing's Effect On Milage?

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Disturbed Canuck, Apr 10, 2009.

1. starcommander

starcommander Light Load Member

If you want to see more pictures of my Starcar with wing I have them in an album in my profile.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Disturbed Canuck

Disturbed Canuck Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Saskatoon, SK
    It's a nice lookin' ride there commander. I can't help but notice that you have a LOT of fuel capacity. No worries about running out of juice on that rig. :yes2557:

Cheers

starcommander Thanks this.
  4. starcommander

Yes Sir! 4 90 gallon tanks. Love that system when loaded heavy as I shut off the back 2 and run on the front 2.Waaaay better then the 1 big tank on either side.:biggrin_25525: Other specs are 400 air to air mechanical cat 15 over and 390`s and i swear a bizillion miles.

5. cat from the valley

cat from the valley Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2008
    jamaica
    red fox did u have a black w900l wit your name carved in the bumper?

6. Red Fox

Red Fox Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2009
    Acworth, Ga.
    Nope, I'm a post troll these days. Off the road 19 years and getting back on soon. That truck hadn't been born yet! But I've always been the Red Fox.

7. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    I had my turbo wing installed at Empire Chrome in West Memphis back in Oct 08 for $1250 on a W9 with 72 stand up sleeper. Not bad :biggrin_25525:

8. starcommander

Not bad at all.:yes2557:
    Was that for the cost of wing and installation or installation only. Did you have the full size wing or the mid size wing because of your stand up sleeper. Also keep in mind, mine was done 7 or 8 yrs ago and they where the sorta new cool thing to have and not really that common. Just like color tv`s when they first came out, prices very high. The more that was bought the prices came down considerably.:biggrin_255:

9. starcommander

Thanx. Not to mention that because it is a 1987 I don`t have to worry out the speed limiter deal in Ontario and Quebec either.:biggrin_255:Whoop Whoop:biggrin_25525:

10. KWConcepts

KWConcepts Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2009
    INDY, IN
    Hi, like to chime in...I dont neccessary believe trucking companies get them for the fuel gain, however, too many ppl say that they see the improvement. I think its more of an aesthetic item, ya know, looks... I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's seeing alot of the full fairing kits especially on the aerodynes, but whos really gonna put a turbo wing on a 770 or a k600? it has its place like any other accessories... I had one on a K100 flatop I drove way back when and if anything it sure made for a mean profile... AHHH Grey Ghost, where are you now?
    Anything that deters the wind over the top of the front of your trailer is going to help, however on a flatbed, i would think it creates more drag/or down force, much like the front ends on NASCAR cars do....My point it, what do you want it to do? Save money, look good or both?

11. oneshot

oneshot Medium Load Member

Feb 28, 2009
    mississippi
    Yep like the calculator,first one i bought think i paid $10.lol But to answer you it was the wing and installation.:biggrin_255: $1250 out the drive.

starcommander Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.