Turned down by TMC....why?

Discussion in 'TMC' started by rebelgrad, Oct 15, 2008.

1. rebelgrad

rebelgrad Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Muncie,Indiana
    I recently graduated from driving school and heard good things about TMC. I applied and was turned down. There are only two things I could think of that they would look at and that is a suspension back in 2003 and the other is I have a fraudulent enlistment on my DD-214 BUT IT IS STILL AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE!!! So if there is anything anyone can tell me that would be great because I've never been turned down for a job even with this stuff.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mlrs270

mlrs270 Light Load Member

May 15, 2008
    winston salem nc
    what was fraudulent about your enlistment? In most cases you would get a general discharge not honorable.

4. rebelgrad

rebelgrad Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Muncie,Indiana
    I was born with cateraks(eye condition associated with older folks) and had surgery for it when I was 6. When I enlisted into the military my parents wern't around for it, so I didn't notate it on the forms I filled out. When I returned from Iraq I had a "routine health evaluation" and they found tiny scares in my eyes. The officer had to get a second opinion because I denied having surgery(because I had no idea) long story short they thought I was lying and quote "The navy doesn't care how much you served your country you lied to get in". The jag officer pulled my records and found the sergery and managed to get me an honorable. BTW for all you thinking why didn't you just call your parents? my parents haven't been apart of my life since I was 10 im now 23.

5. rebelgrad

rebelgrad Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Muncie,Indiana
    anyone have an answer to my original question?

6. B-rad

B-rad Light Load Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Eugene, OR
    Rebelgrad,

They are probably looking at your suspension back in 2003. If it was for a driving offense they probably have a policy of not hiring.

7. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    I would have to agree that the suspension is hurting you. If it can be explained away simply you may have a chance if you contact a recruiter. Insurance companies frown on suspensions like the plague.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Now this doesn't do well for my opinion of the Navy.

9. rebelgrad

rebelgrad Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Muncie,Indiana
    WOW....the very next day TMC called me back!!! The recruiter that handled my application said she was pissed that I was rejected. She sent my app. to her bosses and the only thing I had to do was explain my discharge and they accepted me!!! So I guess I'll being starting TMC soon.

10. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Rebel,

I am happy to see things are working out for the best and you are getting on with your company of choice. Its too bad your chain of command could not "circle the wagons" and fight to keep you in. Or maybe they tried.....? For what its worth thanks for your service, Shipmate.

...and Mack...I agree...sometimes "Big Navy" reacts before it thinks.

Best of luck in your new career, Rebel.

R/

Frat

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  11. rebelgrad

rebelgrad Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Muncie,Indiana
    Frat,

Yea I'm not sure exactly what they were thinkin....for someone who went from an E3 to an E5 in a little under 2 years you would think they would want to keep me. oh well...but thanks for the congrats hopefully they are what everyone says they are!!

later shippy

rebel

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.