Turned up detroit feels sluggish

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by 770maratt, Jul 17, 2017.

1. joey8686

joey8686 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Between 90-102000lbs gross usually, but like I said the guy with the old ddec 2 flew by me with same load/weight,now today an old 425 mechanical cat is kicking my ### with same load weight, head scratcher for sure it's not like motors wore out it doesn't use oil or anything......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Did you ever fix it? Sucks that lots of times threads are not finished

4. Truckermonkey

Truckermonkey Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2019
    I'm also curious. I have a ddec 3 tuned by ss60 diesel performance, with the 171702 turbo, full tilt manifold, and complete inframe done for the tune. He says it should be pushing about 575 at the flywheel. I've been dealing with intermittent power issues with mine as well, and he's even retuned it once trying to straighten it out. When it runs perfectly, which is rare, it pulls hard and smooth, builds boost quickly and gets up to almost 40 lbs. The truck is quiet and just sings right through the gears. When it starts acting up, 90% of the time, everything is rattling, doors, shifter, windows etc, the boost doesn't get as high and it feels like I have to jam my foot in it to get anywhere, it's awful to say the least. I've replaced all fuel lines, pickup tube, pump, tested cac, replaced every sensor you can think of, replaced injector harness, the internals are brand new, no codes and the list goes on. Also I've had power issues since before the rebuild. I'm thinking it has to be wiring somewhere

5. joey8686

joey8686 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Change the wire harness from the firewall to engine

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.