TV-clip about drivers on Norway's worst roads

Discussion in 'European/Other Countries Truckers Forum' started by Pete the trucker, Apr 9, 2009.

1. txviking

txviking <strong>Trucker Geek</strong>

Jul 18, 2009
    Florida
    Great video. But the roads over here are an embarassment. Norwegian drivers pay some of the highest road use taxes in the world (fuel tax, vehicle taxes, registration fees etc), which should translate into good roads. But the political will does not seem to be there to improve the roads.

Frequently, the argument is made that widening roads like the one in the video has too big of an impact on the environment. But what's more important, preventing head-on collisions or preserving a few more cubic yards of mountain? The "environment" they're worried about hurting consists of rock.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mikethedancer

mikethedancer Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Gothenburg Sweden
    I&#180;ve been driving in Sweden and Norway and its not so hard although you got some pretty tough climbings sometime, you got hills with 10-15&#37; climb and just snow and ice under the wheels it can get pretty exiting sometimes. And i get paid by the mile and i do somewhere between 2-3000 miles per week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.