TVC Pro Driver?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Rook, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Sequoia

Sequoia Road Train Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I've seen those TVC girls at the Monroe MI TA always wearing a skirt and heels. I bet they get lots of sign ups at that location, there are always at least one or two guys talking to the woman there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    I got suckered in back in 1998 when I was in training by a lady with huge knockers at the TA in Ontario, CA. But I ended up paying nothing because Ms. Busomy Bimbo didn't write down my bank account number correctly. They later sent me a letter stating my membership had been revoked due to non payment.

Flash forward to recently. I was snagged by a TVC rep at the J in Dallas who gave me the hard sell. I only gave him my name and where I lived. When he asked for my cell number, I refused, saying I never give it out. When I told him I had to run he said he'd look me up in the local listings. Good luck my number isn't listed!

Now when they ask, I just say I'm a member. Saves the headache of the sales pitch.

4. vangtransport

vangtransport Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    I usually laugh and say no thanks and keep walking. If they get pushy with the sales pitch then I stop and explain my story while they have other potential customers.

5. Colorato

Colorato Road Train Member

Feb 22, 2011
    I've never seen a rep. Honestly I didn't think they still existed. My truck had there stickers all over the drivers side vent window and door when I got it. Was able to get them all off except one on the door.

6. SmoothShifter

SmoothShifter Defender of the Driveline

Sep 10, 2010
    Feura Bush, NY
    It all becomes your responsibility once you push those funny red and yellow buttons in.

Supertrucker Stapes isn't worried about fuel costs, or obeying the law, by the looks of his posts. He gets pulled over more than a hooded sweatshirt. He probably gets $4.50 a mile hauling Class A explosives without a hazmat endorsement, also punched that silly NYS Trooper in the nose for slowing him down, because he was late and going to miss the all you can eat buffet at the Iron Skillet.

C'mon, Rollover, give him a break.... er...... 19. :biggrin_25524:

:smt068:Transportation cost

I used to be a driver, but I'm not drivin' now. Am I pretending to, too ?? Or is that tutu?

Hmmmmmmmm. :biggrin_25522:

Back in 1983, I got pulled over on the NY Thruway for doing 93mph, at 2AM. I was running a sea container empty back from the NJ piers, and the trooper sez' to me, "You realize, if I get my ticket book out, the handcuffs are coming with them. What the hell do you think you were doing... ??"

I shrugged my shoulders and sez' back, "We just got her broke in, and I was seein' what she would do. I guess it's 93. I lost track after 80, but the needle was at the bottom of the dial....."

I mean, what else was I going to say? The accelerator stuck? My wife was in labor? I was running out of hours, and I wanted to get home?

Trooper laughed, just as 2 more bears pulled up behind him.

"Be right back....."

He comes up and says, "Since you were honest, I'm gonna give you a $50 ticket for a bad tire. If I ever see this truck moving at anywhere near the rate of speed I just did..... you're going to jail, son...."

Actually, they don't use lawyers. They use Gremlins, who break into [insert state DMV database here] and use tiny little magnets to erase the bytes and bits off the hard drives that contain your driving records.

Unfortunately, some of the Gremlins aren't that bright, and they get lost, and it is the sole reason that O.J. Simpson is going to be released sometime in 2014, and has been guaranteed a job as a TVC rep. :angel4:

Hope this clears things up.

7. witch dr

witch dr Bobtail Member

Oct 31, 2011
    st.louis,mo
    Kind of the same, no?
    Well, they refunded my money.
    Still a messed up deal. I notified the bank as soon as I found out they took my money, to stop the bleeding.
    In order to do that, my card had to be cancelled-so I haven't had access to that account for a week...and probably won't for a while (waiting for new card).
    GRRRR! These people piss me off! I hope people think long and hard before signing up. I will end up hurting someone's feelings over this.
    You'd better believe I am going to develope a very big mouth any time I see a driver talking to any of their reps.
    I guess some people just don't realize that it isn't really safe to screw with another person's money. Crooked little heather and smart-### ivana should be very thankful that I am a much nicer guy than I was 20yrs ago.
    Good nite everyone...have a safe ride!

8. usatrucker01

usatrucker01 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    pensacola,fl
    go with interstate legal plan 13.90 a month and a 100 bucks only when you need them...

9. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    Dude,not even an OJ dream team would be able to save you from your little idea.

Kardashian and Cochran may be dead but they're still better legal representation than what TVC gives you!

10. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    There is another thread somewhere about pe paid legal crapola plans! WHY pay that much a month to some company that MIGHT get the ticker dropped or reduced/Do you really need a Sams Club card that badly or free haircuts, iron, map book or whatever they use to take your money?

The best plan out there is none of them! If you are one of those who spends the whole paycheck when it hits the bank then yeah you better "think" about paying into one of these useless plans!

Now the best thing besides slowing down and not screwing up is to either have a savings account with maybe $300 to $500 in it or just send your paycheck to a lawyer that week.

Get a ticket, then when you call the courthouse to find out what the fine is you will ask the clerk of the court if there is a lawyer you will handle the case for you unless you have the gift of gab and a good knowledge of the law and handle it yourself, OR call information for that town OR look on line for a lawyer and call them and just ask if they can handle the case for you and what their cost is and what you need to do.

What I have done in the past is just that and when we know what the fines can be and what his cost is I send him a check, he sends me something to sign (a contract defining what I pay what he's doing for me and yada yada yada)
    Court date, he goes in and handles the thing and pays the fine and sends me a receipt or a refund if the fine wasn't as much for what he might have gotten the charges dropped to and the paper work from the court telling everyone the judges decision and what everything comes out to.

I didn't lose any work time, the lawyer does what a lawyer does and All is good! I did not plead guilty to a ticket by just paying the stupid thing which in years to come could hurt you badly and every time charges got dropped or changed to something not as bad.

I keep most of my money in my pocket and I'm not paying it to some pre paid bimbo company which if you look at them in the truck stops are pretty nicely (provocatively ) dressed females with a lot of cleavage selling you a Sams card plan! You'll pay more in a year than you would pay a lawyer and the courts cost for that one time!

11. Firedemon

Firedemon Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Thank you all for the post on here. You all have made my decision very easy and that is not to use TVC or any other prepaid legal services. As to the Stapes, getting a ticket dismissed by taking deferred adjudication you need to go ask any court about getting that to dismiss a ticket. Under the FMCS guidelines that is impossible and not allowed. I got a speeding ticket in a 4-Wheeler and asked about adjudication or defencive driving and they told me with a CDL I will not be able to do either to dismiss a ticket of any kind moving or non-moving. So as for that i call BS. Rollover thank you for your input, I think i am gonna take your advice and put $50 dollars a month back.
    thank you
    Firedemon

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.