Two Dead in Shooting at Knight Terminal in Katy, TX

Discussion in 'Knight' started by Chewbongka, May 4, 2016.

1. truckthatpassesyouby

truckthatpassesyouby Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2015
    Wait...what....

Did you really just say that...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    I'll hold judgement until I learn more.

4. carramrod32

carramrod32 Heavy Load Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Midwest
    It's not just postal workers that go "postal", very sad indeed.

5. DsquareD

DsquareD Road Train Member

May 21, 2009
    Green Bay, WI
    Knight... figures.

That was my first thought, don't bite my head off. I'm glad my son doesn't work there anymore.

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office this driver was terminated two weeks ago and came back this morning because he was upset about his pay checks stop coming and yelled as he was shooting... Thanks for ruining my life... and of course as a coward as he is he takes his own life but not before he takes somebody else's needlessly... the person that he killed was Mike the terminal manager who was absolutely one of the best people you could ever work for even though Knight had its issues he was exemplary in taking care of his drivers I work for him for a few years there... that terminal will sorely miss him along with many people as well

7. Fajo

Fajo The Dark Knight

Jan 26, 2013
    Boise, ID
    I can guarantee there will be a snap back in the company about this, something tells me they are going to lock down dispatchers and mangers now durring business hours. Knight does not deal with tradgey well and will react hard to this with its current and former employees.

All this guy did was kill someone needlessly and take his own life and turn alot of peoples lives into a living hell.

I had a awesome relationship with both of my terminal mangers in the time I was there. Both were awesome guys that would give their own shirt off their back to help someone out. I could not imagine this happening at my old terminal. It really is senseless.

P.S. Sorry for all the bouncing around, Just alot of thoughts running thur my head when I read this.

Stay safe all!

Last edited: May 5, 2016
    texasbbqbest and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  8. Rocknroller4

Rocknroller4 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2015
    Learned about this from Ike's Youtube vids. Terrible tragedy. My condolences to the victim and family.

9. Sad_Panda

Sad_Panda Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2006
    We will know what happened at the place, they have cameras hanging everywhere.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I agree with you...i can agree no more access to the office expert through a window... all in reaction to this..

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  11. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    RIP To the terminal manager

However I have to say that a lot of trucking companies like to F with drivers that quit by misappropriating pay checks on purpose....
    Either by lying about where it is or lying about the miles.

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.