Two Tickets From MTO What To Do

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Steve A, Jan 20, 2019.

1. bavarian

bavarian Heavy Load Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Winnipeg
    I just googled the Lincoln area. The QEW definetly runs east/west in that area. No chance to fight that, IMO. Screenshot_20190310-082630_Maps.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rayzala

Rayzala Bobtail Member

May 18, 2018
    $240 for failure to produce a log book? Is that all? Sure it's not pocket change but I was under the impression the tickets were much bigger. My supervisor told me about a guy who got fined $10,000 by MTO, when I asked why he said 'there were mistakes on his log book' 'his mistakes carried over from day to day'.. I'm not really sure what he meant but apparently you can get $500 for every error on your log book (for the last 14 days) but if that's the case it seems like he'd be better off just taking the $240 ticket.

This is exactly why I don't do long haul, even with my local job they occasionally send me on a long run and I'm sweating every time I'm about to pass the weighing station. Half the people I know that do long haul just drive around them, even though they're not going over hours and they do they're checks right. I don't really blame them. Try to make a living fairly and these people want to rob you. Meanwhile I have deadbeat friends that just collect welfare indefinitely and sit on their ### taking tax payer money (all you have to do is say your depressed, in Canada it's a disability) good to know those fines are going somewhere needed.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.