TWT driver charged with DUI after crash

Discussion in 'TWT' started by BigRigFisher324, Mar 19, 2013.

1. quatto

quatto Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2013
    The Bluest State
    Clearly he was an arse before he crashed.

BTW....guess what 62 year old new grad just got hired by JJ Williams (Part of Trans-System--tankers/bulk hauling) ??? Yep ! And they pay pretty well right out the gate. (Sorry about the hijack, please continue with your regularly scheduled program. ;-) )

Last edited: May 12, 2013
    mje and jomar68 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. monteman85210

monteman85210 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2013
    No excuse for what the guy did.
    On the other hand System Trans DBA JJ Williams didn't have an excuse for firing a veteran after returning home. I worked for these clowns. They WILL trash your reputation with fabricated "company policy violations" they force you to sign.

http://www.justice.gov/crt/about/emp/documents/axtellcd.pdf

mje Thanks this.
  4. 8-j

8-j Light Load Member

Mar 6, 2013
    You mean they're one of those companies that screws over your reputation so you can't leave? I hate those. That's the worst kind of driver retention. (but very effective, sadly.)

Or do you mean that they screw up your rep if you try to leave? Or do they fire drivers over dumb stuff?

I'm considering applying there, so I want to know what I'm getting into.

5. monteman85210

monteman85210 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2013
    They are one of those companies that does not like to pay unemployment. If for any reason ie: A terminal manager or dispatcher doesn't like you they can, and will look for any little thing that can be construed as a violation of company policy.
    Sure, there are dumb ### drivers that neglect or abuse company equipment, take shortcuts, ignore safety rules,the list can go on and on. Those drivers need to be disciplined, or terminated. BUT for example,when an employee is FORCED to sign a disciplinary document stating they INTENTIONALLY abused a piece of equipment when it was not intentional, or because their scanning system of copies of your log pages miss entire days of your logs then you're forced to sign a log book violation. Then you get to go to"Log book class" for two hours because of THEIR mistake. It makes you wonder how the hell they can even function as a company. I was raised to take responsibility for my actions, and take the consequences. BUT when a Terminal Manager, or HR person fabricates, or exaggerates a supposed incident, then generates documentation to discipline an employee for the supposed violations, they will never have good driver retention.
    I met the veteran driver whom they FIRED after he came home from Iraq. He had the same issues with this company I experienced. His saving grace was he had the Federal Government sue the company for lost wages on his behalf. Uncle Sam made this company (including my old bosses) pay for lost wages (60K) and go to classes on the rules regarding the re-employment veterans SO COMPANIES LIKE System Trans CAN CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY OF OURS. Caveat lector my friend.
    Maybe you'll do just fine there. I personally won't work for a company that treats veterans, or employees they way they do.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.