TX oilfield work

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by zaptear, May 30, 2012.

1. Mr. Blender

Mr. Blender Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Tulsa,Oklahoma
    I've been told that Cornell Carriers is hiring a lot of truck drivers and you might want to call Gold Spur Trucking. You can contact : Total Oilfield Services, Vaquero Services, Tejas Oilfield service, Mercer Well service, Big Dog Drilling, Talisman Energy, Swift Energy,
    Global Petroleum, Texon Petroleum, Petrohawk. There is work going on in the Pearsall shale, Eagleford area, around Carrizo Springs in deep south Texas or west Texas around Midland.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. txdeuce

txdeuce Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Eagle Ford
    I recommend staying away from Gold Spur Trucking. I worked for them and know first hand what they are all about. Their equipment is total crap, most trucks have no AC and they have the highest turnover ratio out of any company I've ever seem....cause the management sucks!!

Just trying to save people from having to go thru the hell that I did with them...

4. OSU Mike

OSU Mike Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I've been working in the oil fields for about six months now. It is very good work but it is very hard work. Definitely not for everyone. I have lost 30lbs since starting and added 10 of it back on in muscle. You're swinging sledge hammers and wrestling with 500lb pieces of pipe. Hauling 5 inch diameter hoses 20ft long through knee deep mud, climbing up and down heavy machinery all day and working in all kinds of weather.

Been out there when it is 20 below and sleeting, been out there in 110 above with no shade, and driven 18 wheelers back in blinding snow storms and through mud so deep I'd not drive my 4X4 through. Most days will be at least 16hrs but have worked (but not drive) 30-35hr days and 20hrs is very common.

The work is extremely dangerous. Picture 30-40 big rigs on a 3 acre mud field, constantly coming and going, cranes with explosives suspended 4 stories high in the air, six to eight 2000hp engines pumping water and chemicals down a hole at 8,000 psi, working with tankers of acid and other potent chemicals.

Like I said, it is good work with good benefits. I'm on track to make some pretty decent money this year. So please don't misinterpret what I'm saying as complaining. I LOVE working around this stuff and am proud to do what I do.

However, working in the oil fields is extremely hard, dangerous work, which requires a lot of sacrifices. Not everyone can endure all of this and part of me understands. Absolutely not for the weak or faint of heart.

5. Mr. Blender

Mr. Blender Bobtail Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Tulsa,Oklahoma
    Ok, thank you for that ! I didn't know anything about them. I am getting ready to drive for a company close to Fort Worth and will be going around Midland and New Mexico and Oklahoma. I can't wait.

6. JpatP

JpatP Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2012
    good luck zaptear

7. ClassAtwin

ClassAtwin Bobtail Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Minot, ND
    Let us know how it goes

8. JRut

JRut Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Texas
    I worked for Halliburton over a year and just quit a couple weeks ago. We were mainly in the East Texas area (San Augustine, Nacogdoches, Center, TX mainly). Things are slow. I was only making 13$ an hour..and like one of the above posts said, VERY hard work. I was only bringing home maybe $1600 every 2 weeks on a GOOD week. We worked 6 days on and 3 off. Most of the other companies pay a lot better. There is A LOT more work down in South Texas. I know Compass Well Services is hiring down there and they start out atleast 16 a hour or if you can run the blender 20 an hour. Plus 50$ per stage, they pay for an apartment for you down there. And if you live a good distance away they will pay you mileage for your car, or a plane/bus ticket to get home. I had to get out of the oilfields, for that low pay and very hard work..I just needed a break. I'm looking to get just a driving job as of right now..but if it doesn't pay the bills I will definitely be trying to get on with on of the oilfield companies in South Texas. My friend down there for Compass is bringing home over $4,000 every 2 weeks.

9. basscat1

basscat1 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2012
    That all depends. Do you have tanker experience?
    If you have No Tanker experience you are going to have a very difficult time.
    I have 25 years of driving experience and only 6 months Tanker experience and I have companies reject my application.

Hauling oil is not a truck driving job.
    It is a service to the oil companies. Very long and demanding hours.

10. Arod3024

Arod3024 Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Palm Beach, Florida
    Hi all... I had a question about Tx oil work. I have been contacted by a friend who has a contract with Enterprise hauling crude in Midlan Odessa area. He says it pays him 2.45 per bbl at a 100 mile radius. He gets loaded both ways so hes hauling 130 bbl x 2 is 260 bbl. in one trip. @ 2.45 per bbl. He does 2 to 3 loads per day. If you do the math, its very good money. Like ND good money. Is this true? Hes asking me to bring my truck and trailer in to join him. He claims to make around 1800 to 2300 per day depending on how many loads he does (2 or 3). That kind of money seemed a little high for tx, so I want to make sure before I pack up and go and sign on with him.. Any advice would be most appreciated. BTW, I am up in ND now.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.