Types of truckers passing me

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Diantane, Feb 25, 2016.

1. MachoCyclone

MachoCyclone Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    Wish more drivers thought that way. About a week or so ago, me and a buddy (a driver also) offered a struggling driver help backing into a spot. His reponse was so vulgar that I tried typing it here would nothing but #. We walked off into the truck stop. When we came out; he had done hit not one, but two trucks. The across from the spot and the one in the next space from the empty spot.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Sounds like trucking has went into the toilet. Even some of the veteran O/O I drove around lately had poor driving skills. Don't know if they were stupid or didn't care. Tailgating,cutting corners,speeding. We were only hauling a 10 mile round trip. I appreciate the professionals out there that have pride in their skills and safety. I'm almost at the end of my road and it sounds like none to soon.

4. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Wow, sounds like a convoy of fools. Easy to avoid being in that if you're not running against the governor all the time though. Sometimes it means easing off for a bit, sometimes it means speeding up for a bit. Pay attention to what ahead, what behind and adjust accordingly. Prioritize space over speed and you'll never end up in what you describe.

Who's this you you refer to?

5. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    No. You are both holding up traffic. So now you work together so you no longer hold up traffic. It's not a dick measuring contest. If the other guy isn't professional it's your job to be.

6. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    How ####ing slow do I have to go? I'm doing 57mph and you're telling me that a 62mph truck can't pass without me going even slower.

No, I'm not backing off.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  7. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    That's what I'm saying. Most of the people that are pissing around in the left lane causing problems are slowing down when they pass.

8. Naptown

Naptown Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Indiana
    We are bad, aren't we? Then again, There aren't many doubles doing less than 65. If you're governed at 63 and keeping up with a set it's most likely because he's burning up the clock so he doesn't have to do city work when he gets back to the barn. Or he's a Fed Ex scouting good spots for his next wreck.

MACK E-6 and scottlav46 Thank this.
  9. flybynight12

flybynight12 Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2015
    slc
    i dont think my truck does over 50 but i havent even tried yet

10. MachoCyclone

Jun 13, 2012
    Texas
    I see what your saying now. I don't see that too much running 57. And, the problem is only going to get worse when they mandate speed limiters. Which is one of the reasons I'm running 57. Getting used to it and I refuse to part of the nationwide elephant races.

What hate is coming up on a truck running 55 and so I speed up to 65 to pass and the other guy floors it.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Texnmidwest Thanks this.
  11. FatDaddy

FatDaddy Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Katy, TX or Swedesboro, NJ
    I highly doubt a 62mph truck is having trouble passing if you are going 57.

Also remember that by going 57 you are inviting the turtles to pass. So keep in mind you contribute to the problem to run that speed to maximize fuel economy and if you choose to do so then yes....be a professional and help them pass....otherwise you are suggesting all those governed trucks should be following you at 57mph as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.