Tyson Foods to Require COVID-19 Vaccinations for its U.S. Workforce

Discussion in 'Other News' started by Getsinyourblood, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Truck drivers are pretty independent minded folks. That’s why most of us ended up in this line of work. You can put work related demands on us and we will respond, But you start telling us what to do with our personal lives be a vaccine or whatever else and it’s not likely going to work. I personally don’t see many trucking companies mandating a vaccine because they know what will happen. Lol and I don’t even need to spell it out here.

Also, we’re on a truck isolated by ourselves 99.9% of the time. It’s not like we’re working around other people all day every day.

tjh, TallJoe, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Muddydog79

Muddydog79 Heavy Load Member

Apr 14, 2016
    Im not sure about that. They already force their drivers to shave, thats why i was surprised they didnt mandate it.

4. interstate942

interstate942 Light Load Member

May 24, 2019
    How many drivers will exit the industry if vaccines are mandated? Even if it's 5% it's too many. Just my view!

tjh and bryan21384 Thank this.
  5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I won’t exit the industry as a whole I’ll just go work for a company that’s not gonna require it. And I would ask them to put it in writing that if I come work for you you won’t require me to get the vaccine. Trust me there’s gonna be plenty of midsize smaller companies that aren’t going to mandate the vaccine. The megacarriers are already dramatically short on drivers. I don’t see it happening but I could be wrong.

tjh and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  6. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    The more they try to force this vaccine on me the less likely I'll be to get it.

Rocks, xlsdraw, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  7. andrewsdad

andrewsdad Light Load Member

Jul 18, 2016
    And that right there is how they will play it. If you want to do HazMat etc (for example), and you need a breather that doesn't seal effectively if you have facial hair, you have 2 choices, you can have no facial hair and work, or look for somewhere else to work where you don't have to shave or have your rights violated. Same will become of the requirements to be hired, or updated policies.

Muddydog79 Thanks this.
  8. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Having drivers, that have to use respirators to protect their lungs, to shave in order to get those respirators to seal violates no ones rights. If you don't like the policies at a carrier don't work there. Don't expect them to toss driver safety out the window to accommodate you. I've delivered nasty stuff in a tanker that could kill me if I was to breathe it in and was very happy that my respirator sealed correctly.

snowman1980, Bud A., mjd4277 and 6 others Thank this.
  9. Muddydog79

Apr 14, 2016
    Funny thing is the guys that work the yard, and load the hazardous materials, are not provided a “sealed” mask. 100% FACT.

tjh and snowman1980 Thank this.
  10. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    If they are stupid enough to be handling some of the acids, formaldehyde, and some of the other real inhalation hazards without proper PPE, I don't care if they inhale that stuff and die on the spot. But the majority of the places where I ever loaded hazmat chemicals are real strict in that and do provide the necessary equipment to their employees. And send them packing if they don't use it. I know I ain't getting none of the nasty crap on me or in me.

11. Muddydog79

Apr 14, 2016
    I assume you know they recruit their manual labor via the local prison? They could care less about their employees health, its a power grab imo. I hear ya on being stupid enough to do it, but how many options does a work release prisoner have?

Team818 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.