U really do not want to go to work for PRIME...

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Tanyastigger, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Tanyastigger

Tanyastigger Bobtail Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Spokane,Washington
    My husband started for PRIME in May has a owner op. will need less to say DON"T DO THAT>>>>>>>>
    You our better to work has a company driver.. You may make enough to pay for a meal.
    Doing owner op. for PRIME. Will I lost my car my house and my LIFE.....

So rethink about this company.....

NewbieRick Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    i think it is a bad deal too, for that matter being a lease op is bad idea with anyone. However there are quite a lot of people on this board that are quite happy being with Prime..... So maybe it is good place for them.

4. Jorihe84

Jorihe84 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    North Florida
    You mean he leased a truck and didn't make it?

skibum_63 and LSAgentOZR Thank this.
  5. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Can you bring a truck to Prime ? or do you have to lease theirs ? i never heard of anyone buying a truck and taking it to prime

6. bigjoel

bigjoel Road Train Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Houston, Tx
    The original post doesn't make sense.

7. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    How many times have we heard this? They lose everything they own because of a lease or whatever....but they still have their computer.

8. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Another chapter of the same story.
    Someone who is already over their head in debt, gets laid off from their job, and thinks driving a truck is the solution to all their problems.

Hitman, windsmith and jbatmick Thank this.
  9. Blowout

Blowout Light Load Member

Jul 16, 2012
    This just in: Grass is green.

ralph and -insert name- Thank this.
  10. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    Prime does have Prime Logistics Division. Its o/o to lease their own truck on. Met several who wouldn't do anything else. I'll stay company.

11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I'm not sure that I completely understand what you're trying to convey in your fractured sentence, but it reads like your husband is a (leased) owner/operator who drives/drove for Prime and lost the farm in less than two months, --- and now y'all are blaming Prime for all of your financial problems.
    What I don't understand is how one can go belly-up in such a short time, --- unless there's more to the story that, for whatever reason, you're not mentioning.

I'm curious how much Big truck truckin' experience your husband has. I'm guessing very little, if any. I also get the impression that your husband has little to no practical experience running a small business. If my hunch is correct it would indicate that your husband should be included in the blame game. If so, what your husband did amounts to gambling by betting all that you have and hold dear and hoping for a lucky streak to provide a move to Easy street, and lost it all instead.
    Who's fault would that be?

How many years did your husband drive a company Big truck?
    He couldn't have been doin' all that well if after signing the dotted line on a lease deal you managed to go through all of the business start-up reserve funds, --- then empty your personal accounts, --- to keep the business out of the red ink, --- which is not the way to successfully run any business, --- for the exact reason as what you've described here.

As gamblers are known to say, "read 'em and weep".
    Kenny Rogers put it this way,
    "You've got to know when to hold 'em, know when to show 'em, know when to fold 'em, and know when to walk away."
    I forget who sang Another Somebody Done Me Wrong Song.

I'm goin' out on a limb here, but I suspect that you're still among the living.
    Have you ever heard the saying, "An ounce of research is worth a ton of heartache"?
    If you haven't heard that, fret not, ...... I just made it up off the top of my head,
    but it's something to remember.

I think rethinking all that has transpired up to this point is in order. It's pretty easy to point a finger of blame at someone/something else. Just keep in mind that when a finger is pointed, three fingers are pointing back at'cha.

Above ALL else
    Be true to
    Yourself
    *​

MONT74, Hitman, otherhalftw and 5 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.