U really do not want to go to work for PRIME...

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Tanyastigger, Jul 23, 2012.

1. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I think part of the problem is a mind-set that thinks bein' their own boss will make things easier and they'll be able to take time off anytime they feel like it, --- instead of understanding that it'll be harder with more responsibilities that can't be ignored. When drivin' for a larger company, and 25% of their Big trucks didn't turn a profit that week, consider that 75% of their Big trucks did turn a profit that week, --- so overall, that week was profitable.

In a small, one Big truck, one Big truck truck driver operation, 100% of the Big truck better make a profit every week. And when you're your own boss, it's imperative that you resist givin' your driver a raise, --- until the business's rainy day funds are in the low to middle five digits. Then, maybe, ask yourself for a raise.

Those, "It's MY Big truck. I'm the boss and I'll run it anyway I want to, IF I want to" attitudes need adjusting.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ironpony

ironpony Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2007
    Ask my GPS...
    That's precisely what we tell everyone who asks about the lease program on the Prime threads. If you don't have the capital available to keep you going, a pile of existing debt, kids to feed - go be a company driver until you can clear the mess up. Then think about it long and hard, because there is significant risk that you can still fail. The OP opened one message asking about it, but never came back to discuss it. Ce la vie.

4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Any business venture needs an understanding of the business , financial resources as well as restraints when the $ starts coming in ( it belongs to the TRUCK , is not your Gravy Train ) ) , and time to make it work.

TheRoadWarrior and AfterShock Thank this.
  5. OpenRoadDreamer

OpenRoadDreamer Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Alabama
    I wasnt even thought of yet....:D

6. heavychevy

heavychevy Light Load Member

Dec 2, 2011
    tacoma, wa
    So I read the first post and skipped to the last page LOL. Its like hot ice, the best.of both worlds!

AfterShock Thanks this.
  7. TheRoadWarrior

TheRoadWarrior rocking-n-rollin again

Dec 6, 2011
    South West
    like ironpony said if your going to do a lease purchase your debt ratio better not be out there. Child support, house payments, owed taxes and so on and $10 buck in the old bank are not going to help you. The same goes for a an Owner Operator with out the sufficent capital and accounts your setting yourself up for failure. The highest overhead for any L/P O/O or Company is Fuel.

DrtyDiesel, FLATBED and AfterShock Thank this.
  8. Newtrucker83

Newtrucker83 Medium Load Member

Apr 15, 2012
    USA
    I find it funny that she never came back to this post!

9. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

The minute they do not read the BOO HOO poor you responses they are looking for they wander off.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  10. sbaumann14

sbaumann14 Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Rhinelander, WI
    I always get a laugh outta anyone who thinks that being in a lease purchase makes them an owner operator....what exactly do you own?

pattyj, Hitman and AfterShock Thank this.
  11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    I find it humorous when they think that at the end of the lease the Big truck will be theirs.
    I'm thinkin' a better terminology might be "Rent a company Big truck that the company will let you call your own".

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.