Uber Freight is going down Becarefull

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Rank_Trackers, Apr 9, 2024.

1. Rank_Trackers

Rank_Trackers Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2024
    Uber Freight’s service quality has declined very bad. We’ve used them for backhauls to cover fuel costs and reach better-paying regions. However, they’ve recently stopped paying detention fees and extended payment processing to 30 days. We’ve tolerated these changes, but now they start refuse to reimburse unloading fees is unacceptable. For instance, we hauled a load paying $760, barely covering fuel. Despite submitting the $260 lumper receipt on the app and via email, they claim it’s untraceable and deny reimbursement. This pattern of non-payment is troubling and could signal financial instability, similar to Convoy’s at the end before they ceased operations with out makeing a payment for so many Truckers. Fellow truckers, stay vigilant to protect your earnings.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2024
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rank_Trackers

Rank_Trackers Bobtail Member

Apr 9, 2024
    Hi

We've received your request referencing a Lumper Receipt for this load; however, we were unable to locate the Lumper Receipt as an attached file in your previous request.

Please submit the lumper receipt as soon as possible by replying to this email with it attached. If the lumper receipt is not submitted the amount you previously claimed may be forfeited.

Please see the bottom of the rate confirmation for Uber Freight’s policy on document submission requirements.

Thank you,
    Uber Freight Support

Hello,

Our records show this Lumper Receipt was received past the 24-hour submission deadline and payment will not be processed as a result.

This deadline is specified on the rate-confirmation, the Uber Freight Broker - Motor Carrier Agreement (4f) and more information can be found on the Uber Freight Carrier Payment Guide & Accessorial Policy.

Please work to submit requests on time to avoid these payment issues going forward.

If you have evidence the request was submitted prior to the deadline, please reply directly to this email within 24 hours and we will revisit this request.

Thank you,

Uber Freight

4. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Yes, Uber is a real mess right now and I have stopped using them. I suspect that they won’t be around very much longer unless they get their act together. Their app is a complete mess ever since they recently started merging with the other company they bought (forgot the name..don’t really care anymore). Mainly loads not showing up correctly or at all.

Their “2% pay in two days program is a complete joke. They don’t have the money so you end up waiting a week or more.

Their rates are now complete crap. Customer service is a complete joke now. The list goes on and on.

I’ve had a good run with them the last few years but I had to move on.

I even spent a full day emailing back and forth with their website engineers but I just felt like I was beating my head against a brick wall.

gentleroger, lual, mjd4277 and 3 others Thank this.
  5. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Bill the shipper for lumper fees.

6. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
    Right there was your first mistake.

nikmirbre, Ky Flash, dunchues and 5 others Thank this.
  7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Ripping off honest hard working people. Just to make extra profit. Big runaround. Paperless faceless policies. No one’s responsible. Just following the rules. What a joke. Stuff like this is why no matter how legal and legit the Mega’s are today, I can’t respect them. They made it off the backs of Drivers, nickels and dimes at a time. Now it’s mega Brokerages. I hope the system flushes them out. Too many Brokers. It’s out of control.

8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Have only used them once since they changed the pay. No issues with them but pay was not on time but in the standard time before the quick pay option was pushed. Never see much worth hauling with them so I am okay with them going out of business. Need more carriers and brokers to go out of business this year to make a come back. Let the Blood Bath Begin!

9. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    BARELY??? :sad3:...This is why this time it's taking so long to get back to normal.

dunchues, Siinman, TheLoadOut and 2 others Thank this.
  10. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Magoo1968, Bud A., Siinman and 6 others Thank this.
  11. makterna

makterna Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2021
    Uber Freight are extremely unethical. Their rules state that I have always right to detention pay when waiting more than 2 hours (which is the case with most Uber Freight shippers, because Uber Freight prefer to work with the very worst on the market), but then when I request it they pretend like I did not wait at all, or they request proof and when I send undeniable proof they say it has to be in the format of ELD logs (how do I even extract that), and if I do that they say it took more than 24 hours from the original pushback for me to get back to them. $20 per hour is not much, so I suppose most carriers just take the loss...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.