Unbelievable Company Recruiter at my Truck School

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Bizzarrogeorge, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    I was seeking a picture of the west coast (kali4kneeya) BEER Cans where it just had the word BEER on the can.
    There was also a cigarette brand that just had CIGARETTES on the package, unless it was only in an Emilio Estevez movie (with a '64 2 door Chevelle).

I KNOW I drank the
    BEER but it tasted better with an addition like whiskey or T-kill-ya.
    [​IMG]
    Types of Beer: The Ultimate Guide
    - - - - - -
    Tobacco
    Key facts
    • Tobacco kills up to half of its users.
    • Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.
    • Over 80% of the world's 1.3 billion tobacco users live in low- and middle-income countries.
    • In 2020, 22.3% of the global population used tobacco, 36.7% of all men and 7.8% of the world’s women.
    • To address the tobacco epidemic, WHO Member States adopted the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (WHO FCTC) in 2003. Currently 182 countries have ratified this treaty.
    • The WHO MPOWER measures are in line with the WHO FCTC and have been shown to save lives and reduce costs from averted healthcare expenditure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Val_Caldera

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Recruiters in the late 90's didn't mention anything about "alternate logging techniques", neither did the "school". Such was done some time AFTER the training class.
    I learned how to apply "alternate time recording" through one non confirmed Psychonaut Owner Operator, based just a few miles from my home 20. Interesting journeys.

4. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    $0.23 is a joke. He should be embarrassed to offer that.

5. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    News flash: NO ONE CARES.

6. Knightcrawler

Knightcrawler Heavy Load Member

Apr 10, 2017
    Mpls, Mn oops Ocala, Fl.
    I used to be a CDL instructor and we had a Werner recruiter come in once, and part of his sales pitch was "the 5th wheel slide is inside the cab, no more D rings!". I asked a few other instructors there that had 30+ years like me if they knew what that meant. None did. I remember D rings from riding with my father back in the early 60s. No one has used them on a truck since the mid 60s. You used to have to pull 2 pins on the 5th wheel, that were called D rings, to slide it.

Like we used to say in the army: If you cant blind them with brilliance befuddle them with bll sh * t...

Bizzarrogeorge Thanks this.
  7. Val_Caldera

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Who's The Who That Hasn't A Care and Almost Cares That No One Cares? :confused::rolleyes:

BennysPennys Thanks this.
  8. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I care, my family cares, most of my friends care, now I'm trying to get my neighbors and random people I meet on the street to care also.:D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.