Unemployed more than 3 years

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Happyhighvangirl, Jul 29, 2020.

1. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    "checking it out to see if it's okay" is how we go from not having any drivers to experienced drivers. There will always be newbies. That's life.

We can encourage them so maybe they will do better, or we can ignore them and make them learn on their own. Which one do you think produces less wrecks and torn up equipment? I know having someone around when I was just starting out helped me a ton....

bryan21384, 201, Rollr4872 and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    It's easy to forget that all us old, wrinkly, gray haired, pot bellied guys were green horns at one time.
    I look back on when I started and it's a wonder I made it at all without somebody throwing me under a moving truck. I made every mistake there was.
    I was stubborn and I was a slow learner...not a good combination...but the old guys saw something in me worth saving.
    Are new drivers a PITA? Yes they are. They always will be but we need to teach them when we can. In the long run it makes it easier on us.
    If the rookies don't take our advice or if they don't want to listen, that's on them. But if they want to learn, let's help them.

4. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Off topic: the big problem are the ones with aggressive driving habits. New or experienced.

5. Happyhighvangirl

Happyhighvangirl Bobtail Member

Jul 29, 2020

I'll pass any tests easy. And I can prove I've been traveling with receipts. I'm strong because I gather wood, build fires, lift 5 gal water jugs. I lived off grid

tommymonza and Chinatown Thank this.
  6. Happyhighvangirl

Jul 29, 2020
    Great idea. I retired . It sucks because is it our lives? Or what. We can't decide to take a break from working to live our lives??

7. Happyhighvangirl

Jul 29, 2020
    I don't wanna private school, because I want them make me work for them for a year. That's a guaranteed trucking job. It's not only about making money, I can live in my truck do what I love. I know I won't make alot at first but I'll bank every penny because I don't pay rent. I gotta plan

8. Happyhighvangirl

Jul 29, 2020

I'd work 10 yrs then retire, because I wanna be able to run a homestead. I want land and start a homestead, live off my land.

9. Happyhighvangirl

Jul 29, 2020

Mommy kids have kids, for one.
    And if I'm stuck on a Friday, I'll get a hotel or sleep in my truck. I'm a nomad. I'm not this prissy girl who cares about showers every day and I don't do finger nails. On those Friday's I'll go chill somewhere and watch movies. It's a treat

10. Happyhighvangirl

Jul 29, 2020
    I like hearing these messages

tommymonza Thanks this.
  11. Happyhighvangirl

Jul 29, 2020

I can afford Knights Squire program $3000 and before I go to any school I will have my dot physical and permit.

sirhwy and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.