Unethical Practices against Drivers At Western Express

Discussion in 'Western Express' started by wsxiinfo, Feb 21, 2012.

1. misterG

misterG Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2009
    ask my dispatcher
    Electronic On Board Recorder, its a computerized log book system.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rubberducky68

rubberducky68 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Jefferson GA
    Electronic On Board Recorder

Nevermind....I was beat to it.

4. usncva62

usncva62 Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2012
    barre vermont
    thank you i never heard of it until i started reading this forum and read about people complaining about it.

5. Trudger

Trudger Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    MY bring home pay has been anywhere from $13 to $678 per week. However, MOST weeks are averaging around $375.00. Pretty pathetic.

6. jahdeeka

jahdeeka Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    Do not work for this company. They are dis organized. Orientation is the worst and you don't get paid for it. You literally have to run up and down to make any thing decent provided you have a good DM. It's just not worth being away from your family bring home $300. - 700. A week unless you are a newbie and need the experience. As is with most driver mills, they are only concerned about you picking up and delivering your load safely and on time. Whether you the driver make any money is really not some of these guys priority. My philosophy is if you want quality people to work for you, you treat them right. What a concept, right ?

7. dweedle

dweedle Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    I run out of the Nazareth terminal, they keep me running and am able to get my home time. pay average around $575 a week running ne. they are pretty good out of there. i have herd horror stories about other terminals.

8. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    $575 a week running the Northeast? Even with less than a year experience, that's nothing to be proud of. Good luck, move on when you get the experience and keep your record clean.

9. jahdeeka

jahdeeka Bobtail Member

May 23, 2012
    I think they are going under or will be soon.

10. dweedle

dweedle Light Load Member

Oct 14, 2011
    Lehigh Valley,Pa
    $575 is my average, been having issues with my truck. darn egr.. this company is really not that bad... besides the grass is not greener any where else... i have a good dm. keeps me moving when truck is not in the shop or dealer. i have had only 6 loads in 3 weeks. i average that in 8 days.

11. DrtyDiesel

DrtyDiesel Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Jacksonville, FL
    Wow after reading this its pretty crazy, I thought western express was an alright company lol.

A Guy in my orientation class left roehl for a local job after only 1 month, got fired from it after another month for an accident, then tried to go back to roehl ans they said he'd have to wait a year because he was fired from his last job. So he calls me the other day and tells me he's going to western express on the dry van side.

He's out with his trainer now and said they already got an overweight ticket because his trainer didn't want to scale a load they got because it said 20,000lbs. Come to find out they were at 35,000lbs and were over weight on the trailer. At least my buddy wasn't driving lol.

Their scores are pretty bad on the site numbers posted.

Ethan

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.