Unimark Truck Transport - Kenosha, Wi.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by silverlilyprods, Apr 2, 2007.

1. ambivalence

ambivalence Medium Load Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC

You're right on the money regarding the worker's comp angle. Many Unimark 'new hires' are learning the hard way unfortunately.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bent Wrench

Bent Wrench Medium Load Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Cornholio, OR
    There is too much BS, Smoke and Mirrors, references with no links, even my Dick Tracy Secret Decoder Ring can't make any sense of the illusion and innuendo in this thread.

I don't understand, if they don't pay the expenses incured in the course of performing their bidding, Why would one even consider going along for the ride?

chalupa Thanks this.
  4. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    Many Unimark - ATT - Truck Movers threads...take a look around. More 'smoke' or 'gospel'..whatever you want to make of it.:biggrin_2556:

5. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    This was on CraigsList today in the Springfield Mo area! Makes me want to click and sign on! ROFLMAO!

Truck Drivers Needed (Springfield)

Date: 2010-12-08, 7:07PM CST
    Reply to: see below

[​IMG]

Unimark Truck Transport has immediate openings for Independent Contractors
    to deliver trucks throughout the U.S. and Canada. Drive new Freightliners & Internationals every trip!
    Class A CDL with 1 year OTR experience required.
    Canada eligibility & Tow Car preferred.
    TWIC card a plus!
    We offer excellent pay, no forced dispatch and much more!

Who We Are Unimark is a full service drive-away company serving all of North America. We operate terminals throughout the U.S. and Canada. For 12 years, Unimark has been providing safe and timely delivery of vehicles in both the new and secondary markets. Unimark is known as a leader in the industry and offers world-class service to our valued customers. We are also a part of one of the top 50 For Hire Trucking Companies in the U.S.
    We transport both new and used trucks throughout the United States and Canada. We transport vehicles by driving one truck and decking (piggyback) the other one, two, or three trucks on the back of the lead truck via the use of a saddle mounted on the backs of the trucks. We also move single bobtail trucks. The truck you drive for us is being transported, as well as those that are decked behind it.
    Unimark Truck Transport has immediate openings for Independent Contractors to deliver trucks throughout the U.S. and Canada. We offer excellent pay, no forced dispatch and much more!
    Orientation/Training
    If you do not have any previous decking or un-decking experience, we offer a one-week training program in Joplin, MO. Please contact us for more information.
    Requirements:
    License Requirements:
    Drivers must have a valid Class A CDL with doubles/triples endorsement. (Applicants without the T endorsement must obtain it before attending orientation.)
    Experience Requirements:
    Applicants must have one year, verifiable over-the-road experience within the past three years, or 2 years OTR experience within the past five.
    Violation and Accident Limits:

• Applicants must have no more than three traffic violations within the past three years.
    • Applicants must have no more than one preventable accident within the past three years.
    Convictions:
    Applicants must not have any criminal convictions, DUIs, DWIs, or drug-related offenses that would prevent crossing the Canadian or Mexican borders.
    No Forced Dispatch:
    Unimark Truck Transport drivers are classified as Independent Contractors. We do not have a forced dispatch and our drivers can run as many or as few miles as they want, within DOT regulations. You control the time at home, because you are an Independent Contractor, and can choose when to take a load or when to stay home, the choice is yours.
    Excellent Pay:
    $.50 to $.65 per mile for single trucks, and $.75 to $1.22 for decked sets.
    High Average Miles per Week:
    Unimark Independent Contractors average up to 2,500 miles per week.
    No Truck To Own:
    Because you deliver the truck you drive, you do not need to own a truck. You save maintenance costs, etc.

For more information about becoming an Independent Contractor with Unimark, contact us today! Please apply via our website at:
    www.unimarkinc.com and click on "Apply Now"
    or email: unimarkrecruiting@yahoo.com

• Compensation: $.50 to $.65 per mile for single trucks, and $.75 to $1.22 for decked sets.
    • This is a contract job.
    • Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    • Please, no phone calls about this job!
    • Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

PostingID: 2102840957

6. ambivalence

Jul 9, 2009
    Cleveland, NC
    I'm laughing so hard I'm hurting! Good find and truly incredible. JHT knows the percentages of those who know better and those who don't.:biggrin_25523:

I will take a photo of their Cleveland, NC 'office' (!!!) and post it ASAP. Cleveland is the site of a major Diamler Trucks factory and ATT (Auto Truck Truck Transport) operation. The man who recruited me to drive for ATT now heads the local Unimark operation....:biggrin_2559:

7. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas
    Thank you...... like some drivers, I'm always looking. It helps me keep up with wages and bennies and I have noted Unimark running a campaign in Houston. They keep a steady ad on Craigslist and do some blind paper slots.

And that's the same ad being run in Houston Rollover........ thanks.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  8. phantominterventionist

phantominterventionist Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    The fact that Bent Wrench resorts to a quasi ad hominem retort is not surprising. In reference to the job posting, "no forced dispatch". Unimark will move what they need by telling the driver "this is all we have", so you take it or go home at your own expense. Now that makes for an interesting choice when you just finished a delivery in Abilene Tx, and you live on the West Coast. I endeavor to put this all in a coloring book format, or a childs book for some who's responses I have seen. Remember the old saying, couldn't get out of a paper bag with a blow-torch.

9. CommDriver

CommDriver Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2006
    Nobody got raped? in reference to the deleted thread.

10. chalupa

chalupa Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2010
    Houston,Texas

Ha! That's great !! But you forgot one thing ! The coconut shells ! No illusion is complete until you hide the peanut under the coconut shell and slide 'em around awhile !

11. phantominterventionist

phantominterventionist Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Satius est petere fontes quam sectari rivulos. Scire debes ### quo contrahis. Scire et scire debere aequiparantur in lege.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.