United Road Non Payments?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Viceroy1, Aug 16, 2016.

1. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    If I had to guess....you are seeing those "late" or "no" pays because of a issue with the App.
    The ones saying late probably aren't late. I believe in the agreement it says 30 business days not 30 calendar days for payment. I'm saying that is for sure why but if I had to guess it would one of the two if not both.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    No in order for the negative to post to CD (after over a week waiting period) CD will verify the terms of the contract so you can bet on that negative being legit. In fact you can bet that even more carriers have been screwed over but they didn't go through the trouble to submit the proper documentation to get the negative to stick

KANSAS TRANSIT, sxdime and Viceroy1 Thank this.
  4. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    Terry. I don't believe you are correct. CD does not get involved with the ratings unless you prove it to be eronious.

5. Terry270

Terry270 Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2014
    BG, KY
    Not sure what you mean, but the way it has always gone for me has been like this:
    1) Rate the company negative(this won't be public only both companies and CD can see it)
    2) After the waiting period you have 3 more days to escalate the rating and upload documents.
    3) CD reviews the information and decides whether or not to make the rating stick(Visible to everyone)

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  6. Ziggy319

Ziggy319 Medium Load Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Syracuse,ny
    I may be wrong but my understanding is that CD offers little more than the load board. No vetting of any good or bad issues.

7. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    Exactly how it works as far as I have seen.........

8. Viceroy1

Viceroy1 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Same here. We had to give a carrier a negative once, but they earned it. IIRC we had to prove that they didn't honor their contract before it would stick. It took a couple days for everything to go thru.

Ziggy319 and Terry270 Thank this.
  9. Viceroy1

Viceroy1 Bobtail Member

Jan 14, 2016
    They got a bunch more new negatives on central for non-payment again.

10. Mohauler

Mohauler Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2016
    We have hauled for URS for about 15 years. They have a few choices for payment options, anywhere from a 2 day to 30. The last 4-5 months has been a nightmare trying to get paid. They haven't been paying on time. Accounting Dept is always MIA, might get a call back in 2-3 days. The website don't work anymore to track your paperwork. The app is a joke, have had it work 1 out of 7 times for pickup. Just keep getting that they are so busy with Carmax loads. If you have that much work hire more people or you will loose all carriers. Sad, they used to be one of the best brokers.

11. clara

clara Light Load Member

May 3, 2016
    Their loads are cheap so I try not to rely on them but I do get loads from time to time when I am desperate to not go empty. They pay us just fine.
    The app is a joke, absolutely. Hate it with a passion. They made it mandatory now and will withold payment if you don't use on carmax orders. This may be what's going on. Still wrong to be doing that. Trying to push a app on us that doesn't work and then can't get a hold of anyone to help for days so you only get a call back when your driver is already home with his family and then I have to hold myself from calling them out.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.