United We Roll Truck Convoy

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by tinytim, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Raamman

Raamman Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    nope. I am well aware of the issues as well as who elected officials answer to.
    you demand "compromise" - compromise is a 2 way street.
    there is no universal benefit in this- someone is always going to lose something.
    there are rights and rights are there to be respected- it works across the board- for companies, and for people.
    a communist dictatorship is where you will see rights being routinely bulldozed over- but I dont think you would want to live there as they are generally cited for their abuses

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. HELLBENTDENT

HELLBENTDENT Bobtail Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Edmonton Alberta
    Enough already...
    REFINE THE OIL IN CANADA and start taking care of our energy needs at home instead of buying oil/gasoline from the middle east/US.
    If not then get shovels in the ground and build the pipelines to the coast (s).
    Quebec and BC shouldn't be allowed to hold up energy projects that stifle the economy just because things don't jive with their provincial agendas.
    I see Quebec was pretty upset about SNC Lavelin possibly moving out of the province and job losses estimated around 9000 or so.if they couldn't bid on projects .
    Boo hoo ...9000 ?
    TRY 90000 + jobs here in the west because of their stance against the east/west PL.
    Never mind that Quebec dumps almost a BILLION LITRES of untreated sewage into the St Lawrence and that has nothing to do with environmental consequences in the future ??
    Where was Greenpeace or the so called environmental protesters then ?
    Same goes for BC ...
    its not a "new" PL but an EXPANSION!!
    but hey let's tie that up in court while we green light the LNG project in Kitimat.
    OH YEAH the big money (USA) that supports these protests wasn't to concerned about what Quebec was doing apparently ?
    Its all geared to keeping Alberta oil landlocked !
    I'm all for strict rules/regs to keep the environment as safe and pristine as possible but very few of us around right now won't see a viable alternative to fossil fuel in our lifetime.
    Its time all these tree-huggers that protest anything to do with oil/fossil fuel development wake up and take a look at how far the economy has fallen in the wake of their self indulgent protests.
    Because if CANADA can't get oil to market then you might as well sell your Lexus and million dollar house now because in ten years WE could be facing a similar situation that Venezuela unfortunately finds itself in these days.
    Fingers crossed ....

dunchues, gokiddogo and AModelCat Thank this.
  4. Raamman

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    the cods gone. dirty oil is going too. the automakers are waking up to the the idea that if they dont start going electric they are going too. why do you think the saudis invested so heavily in tesla ? sure, they'd kill it if they can, but the genie is out of the bottle and a pipeline is a very expensive short term make-work project for a few. it would make more sense to invest in upgrading the grid infrastructure. until something better comes along, electric engineering is the future. you can rail and gnash your teeth all you want, aint going to change a thing. it's done.

3noses Thanks this.
  5. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    ...until the electric car costs less than the petroleum car..the poorer, developing countries will continue to burn oil en masse. What are we going to do, keep those people poor when the oil price collapses if the west can somehow ween itself off oil? (Pipe dream) That wouldn't be very inclusive for a developing country. So therefore it's still going to be in demand for a long time yet. I think pipelines are efficient, necessary infratructure between now and then. For the same reasons of oil becoming cheap and poor countries burning it (who have no epa to control emissions) I feel the human race will be unable to avoid the warming of the planet. Whether or not that's due to human activity I've yet to believe. If the electric car will become the norm there is much work to be done before we can realize it. We should be working on both upgrading our electric grid as well as expand/build some pipelines.

HELLBENTDENT Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I love the term "dirty oil" because almost everyone who throws that term around is refering to the oilsands. Funniest thing is 99% of those people who think oilsands are dirty have never been there and live off the words of idiot celebrities.

shogun, magoo68 and HELLBENTDENT Thank this.
  7. Raamman

Jan 21, 2011
    Airbase Two
    it IS dirty oil- the crude has to be refined far more than oil from other locations; why do you think the oil is so cheap ? bargain basement prices they cant find buyers willing to take the glut

3noses Thanks this.
  8. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I've never understood why we don't build more of our own refineries and sell the refined products instead...
    Sell as in - export to foreign markets.

HELLBENTDENT Thanks this.
  9. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Because once upon a time it wasn't a problem; we had (moderately) trustworthy international partners, lack of foresight, and NIMBY...

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  10. Ryan01234

Ryan01234 Bobtail Member

Feb 27, 2019
    They can’t work together because they are each jealous of what the others have and any extra money one has it goes to the eastern Provence’s so the can squander it on “jobs” like bombardier, auto manufacturing sector etc

Tree huggers stop the pipe to the west easterners do whatever they can to stop it cause they don’t want the westerners to turn a profit, who knows about keystone to the south...that’s probably the best odds in my opinion.

I try not to watch the news too much the above is just my opinion.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  11. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Your kidding right DeCaprio flies his private jet over the oilfields all the time, his word is gospel. :Plane::laughing6:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.