Unpleasant call from neighbor

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by skallagrime, Apr 4, 2021.

1. black_dog106

black_dog106 Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2009
    MA
    Just an idea...
    I always deflate suspension before lowering landing gear and dropping trailer. If bags leak down on a loaded, dropped trailer is hard on landing gear.
    Know a guy, dropped loaded log trailers. He bent two sets of legs before he figured out the cause. :violent1:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    I do not have a dump for the trailer bags, and disconnecting red line doesnt do it either, i'm however not the guy that bought this trailer and its not my call to get it set up that way.

That said, i agree with that protocol though to date its not been an issue (about 1 year) though i wouldnt he surprised to find that to be a contributing factor.

4. katesnm

katesnm Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2021
    How do I report bad driver behavior/driving/performance ? I don't see a forum for that. as a fleet manager , I really want to know other trucking companies to stay away form some drivers. And wish I can read myself about drivers before hire them

5. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You are posting this all over the forum. One post is enough. We do not have a forum here for companies to report/investigate individual drivers and are not likely to have one. As an employer you have Dac and other avenues, use them.

6. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    I was a little confused myself. Didnt see how it related, good to know i wasnt singled out :p

Not sure they didnt make a mistake when registering, may have meant "karensnm" :p
    With my apologies to any karens reading this that dont deserve the abuse of the past few years

7. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    How’s he get to be a fleet manager and doesn’t know how to get a Dac ?

for driver references he should start a new thread. I assume checking dac mvr and credit history , along with looking for social media posts on Twitter , Instagram face space etc .

I’m not trucking anymore but when we are looking through resumes , the first thing we do is see what we can find that they’ve posted on social media.

8. roundhouse

roundhouse Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2018
    I have an friend that drives for a company
    That hauls a lot of cargo with armor plating and camo paint , and their drivers have to pass an extensive background check done by the the military.

he said when he was in the CDL class at
    The community college there were 25 students.
    And when the company recruiter was saying the average earnings were 88 cents a mile, everyone was all ears. Then the recruiter said they can’t have any unpaid back child support, and several students left, can’t have any foreclosures repos or judgements, a bunch more leave.
    Can’t have any DUIs or reckless driving or street racing tickets, several
    More leave.

cant have ANY traffic ticket at all in the last three years. Bunch more leave.
    There’s three students left, recruiter says here’s the background application, holds all 250 pages up high and drops it on the table with a bang.
    Two students leave. Recruiter points at my buddy and says “you’re hired !”
    Fill this out ASAP , when we get the answer back in 6-8 weeks we will give you a call.
    Had to fill in the last 10 years of employment and residential address info for your parents . Siblings, spouse and in laws.
    And also your neighbors and three non family non employment references .

Six weeks later he started the nine month on the job training at the company.
    Month 10 , when he turned 21, he starts driving oversize overweight loads, month 20 they hand him the color catalog from kenworth and he picks out the color of the new W900 they are ordering for him to drive.

I sold my trucks because I couldn’t find decent drivers.
    Finding decent trucks and decent freight was the easy part.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.