Unprofessional truck driver and getting even

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Markk9, Sep 16, 2008.

1. covenantbiker

covenantbiker Light Load Member

Jun 28, 2008
    Conroe, TX
    My hubby and I were eating dinner at the Holbrook T/S in AZ. A FedEx couple walks in and sits across the aisle from us and we started talking. The lady driver said that I should look into driving for Fedex. I laughed and said "why would I want to drive a wiggle wagon? Sometimes one trailer is bad enough but 2.. Anyways, I think that pissed her off.. lol.. She said once you drive two you'll never go back to a 53'. They were really pushy, said that they were safe drivers and yada yada.. And I wanted to say, then how come last winter the only in the ditches were double fedex trailers? whatever lady... not crazy enough for double.. lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. soon2betrucking

soon2betrucking Road Train Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Philadelphia, Pa
    High, glad to no i didnt offend u, and, i am 22 years old, only been driving a few months, im not one of those drivers yous speak of.... i dont no jack about this indusrty, however, i no a lot more then most of the new drivers, and may no more then some seasoned drivers... its what iv always wanted to do my whole life... i often impress people with the knowledge i have of the trucking industry.... when my disp told me to do somehing, that no driver in thier right/wrong/or even crooked mind wouldnt think of doing, i told him no, and gave him a quick run down of what the back-lashes would be like myself and even him had we got caught...and then he asked me a paticular question that i, as a new driver to the industry, should not have known, and i answered his question fully, plus some... impressed the heck outa him :biggrin_2554:
    peple have tried taken advantage of me, being the
    " new kid ", and i dont accept it from them, and i tell them th facts.. they are schoked and tell me i should not know that....
    but, i dont no jack about it

4. Highballin

Highballin Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Well Im 55 and still learning.I do know to allways respect your truc it bigger than you are.I have done things no one else would do and by law shouldnt have been done.But it was something that had to be done like Hurricane Rita recovery I hauled a D6H with a 14ft wide blade at 19PM not because I wanted to but because I had to get er done.Never had no disp.

5. Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2007
    PO Dunk Idaho
    On the post driver image i posted a bit about fed ex being dipstick drivers you may want to read it and the other posts.. good luck and be safe out there.

6. kbflash44

kbflash44 Bobtail Member

Aug 7, 2007
    South Carolina
    They need to be.

7. Highballin

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Yea with their driving skills they could be top dog.

8. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    I drove wiggle wagons a couple of times years ago, and I went back to 53's! It's nice that you don't need to turn as wide, but they are too much work. Ran them from Irving, TX to Shreveport, LA to Jackson, MS and back. At the Shreveport stop 1, the wagon that had to get docked was, of course, the one up front. Drop back wagon, dock front wagon, pick up new wagon, hook in front, hook other wagon back up behind. Get to Jackson, repeat. This was in the spring and down south, so no crap roads to deal with. Had it been winter, I'd have said - "What are ya smokin', and when are you sharing?" I'll take one long wagon any day!

9. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    I've dragged wiggle-wagons quite a bit and, like Lilbit said, while they are sharper turning, they are more work. Used to haul a set for chips and constantly had to break them apart. Wintertime could be interesting with empty wagons.

10. GasHauler

GasHauler Master FMCSA Interpreter

Oct 23, 2005
    Vegas/Jersey
    Not to change the subject but I will. A D6 with a 14ft blade, that's an awful wide blade.

11. Highballin

Jan 31, 2008
    Cleveland Texas
    Yes I thought so to esp.at night.A D6R LGP.36 inch pads C frame with angle blade is about 13ft6 inches give or take.And on a two lane road with narrow bridges can be funThe reguler dirt blade for this dozer is not that wide.O B.T.W. it was an Emergany move with all the pretty lites flashing.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.