Unsafe GPS Truck Route Garmin Dezl

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Labrador, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Yes because in reality you’re probably 13’2” or so to the top of your trailer unless you’re running around on tall 24’s. Measure your 5th wheel height and it’s probably lower than what’s stated on your trailer for when the trailer is at 13’6”. You should probably measure your truck for sure instead of relying on chatgpt for answers.

Labrador Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Labrador

Labrador Medium Load Member

May 31, 2018
    Thank you. Yeah it is a bridge right here in town, major road. I am not driving a van now, but if I do I want to be ready for these bridges.

4. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Clearance signs are supposed to have a little bit of a safety margin. I’ve gone under 13’6” bridges a number of times and haven’t scraped yet! I’m not going to claim that I didn’t flinch, though.

Labrador Thanks this.
  5. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    I also mastered map reading at a young age, not in the second grade where I was mastering more basic life skills like my times tables and cursive writing. I think it was closer to the 4th grade when I was really introduced to world geography.
    Although my map reading skills are good enough to keep me out of trouble, I'm ashamed to admit that my map FOLDING skills still leave a lot to be desired. :(

Labrador Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.