Unsanitary Trucks issued to new drivers, what can you do?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Bozwik, Jun 23, 2022.

1. nredfor88

nredfor88 Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2019
    USA
    Is Merle Haggard now the Marlboro man?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    They, the trucking company that is, are unable to detail because they haven't a clue of what the word means.

4. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Here's a tip.. if it smells as bad as you say .. pony up the 6.or 7.00 for a can of coffee.. open it up and put in the truck The coffee will absorb all the oders in a day or 2.. then throw the can away

5. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    So they eventually gave me a truck, it's a 2020 and was the best one but still skanky. They said it was just detailed... what a joke.

the outside not a scratch, that's the first one with no body damage. It has 425k miles on it, better than 600K plus miles like the others.

The inside has been smoked in and there's tar and nicotine throughout the interior, walls, ceiling and every surface. I will be using a three step cleaning process. Totally Awesome cleaner with a toothbrush and wipe down with wet rag, followed with steam.

The mattress will be replaced and the cab filters also. Steam will be used (vapor steamer 280 degrees @ 70 psi), to get into all the nooks and crannies and under seats. Things will be removed and reinstalled as necessary. Afterwards I will run an ozone generator for about 6 hours with the windows cracked.

The driver's side seatbelt is so caked with crud it's unbelievable, it is actually stiff in areas. It doesn't recoil well because there's probably some surprises in the assembly. That will have to come apart, soaked in bleach/dawn diluted @ 50% and the coil will have to be reworked.

The driver's side door doesn't lock from the outside with a key so eventually that will have to be fixed but not a priority right now. The entertainment center, tv and satellite has no power to the outlets so that could be fuses or operator error.

It will most likely take 3 days as the outside is getting washed, waxed and the rims machine polished. Before this I have done restorative detailing, not some quick wipe down like some high school kid trying to make some extra cash.

It will then go back to the company shop for some other repairs and hopefully that will be it until something else goes wrong with it.

6. Bozwik

Bozwik Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2022
    Mars, USA
    With all the trucks I had to choose from, not one showed any signs of good healthy hygiene, not even slightly. Yes, I intend to live on the road inside a truck as my mini home but I don't intend to leave body fluids behind or disgusting bad habits corrode the interior. I intend to shower at least every other day and do laundry on a regular basis. What the hell is wrong with the high percentage of drivers out there that they have no self esteem?

7. Boondock

Boondock Road Train Member

Jul 20, 2019
    Take it easy, you haven't even started yet and you're already wound up. LBCuJESBFgllmGPQFB.gif

TB John and Last Call Thank this.
  8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Just take a look at some of the creatures you’ll see in truck stops. Your question will be answered.

Speedy356, Boondock and Last Call Thank this.
  9. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    Really OP.. you shouldn't be complaining... Obviously you didn't do your due diligence in researching the company before you signed on.. Because I would check things like what your complaining about out before I even signed on the dotted line.. That's just me though.
    So rightfully you have nobody to complain about ..except you ..for lack of investigation before you signed up
    Yes lack of hygiene is always kinda be a issue in this industry
    But lack of intelligence has become a even bigger problem in the industry
    There's 2 types of people in this industry there's ...Do'ers.. and there's crybaby complainers.. Guess which 1 I have you pegged as after reading all your posts ???

Boondock Thanks this.
  10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    The current pool is November.

wis bang and Boondock Thank this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    every company i ever worked for in my earlier years would advertise, "clean, comfortable trucks"

what i didn't know as a rookie, was that once "i cleaned" the truck, it would be comfortable. yes, pet hairs, the stench of smoke, and a dirty floor.......not much else to really complain about.

that would be the normal way it was back then. in later years, i knew how to walk off the property if i ever had to do more than clean the steering wheel.

if i had ever opened the door to a truck like that, which was assigned to me after orientation...??

i'd be calling GrayDog, for a ride home.

Judge and Last Call Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.