Unsatisfactory safety rating??

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by subzero89, Nov 20, 2023.

1. subzero89

subzero89 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2011
    New Castle, PA
    I wanted to ask some of you out there who know a lot more about these trucking companies putting negative information on you. I was driving for a company for a little over 3 years and was just fired a week ago for what they claim is an unsatisfactory safety record. Nothing is on my DAC, MVR, or any of the reports I have been sent. When I started, I had a couple of minor things like hitting a fence and I did hit a parked car 2 years ago with no one inside and no injuries. I come to find out this company has put out an unsatisfactory safety record on me but I cannot find this anywhere. I am asking is there any recourse I can take against this company or is my trucking career done for. I don't have any DUIs, failed drug tests, or anything else in my record except 1 ticked for a lane violation 3 years ago.

bryan21384 and NightWind Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Your trucking career isn't over. Plenty of companies will still hire you.
    Maybe the company is going broke, like 100's of others are and trying to get rid of employees.
    Tell other companies that you have no idea what the safety violations are because you were never told. You were never written up and safety department never said anything to you.

subzero89 Thanks this.
  4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    might just be a company file that they already had on you like your application and other stuff.

unsatisfactory safety ratings as far as i know are from the DOT and usually on the companies.( SAFER Web - Company Snapshot )

best to be looking for another job, and they will ask you about your last. just tell them they let you go.

you'll find out soon enough.

Rideandrepair, subzero89 and Lav-25 Thank this.
  5. Lav-25

Lav-25 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2018
    You can get your own DAC report too if you want. I do know some companies do put negative remarks on drivers for being unsafe - cameras- and since no write up or warning , then it becomes he said / she said type issue.
    I refused to do a load cause of safety issue and was fired, the next company asked why , the oldcompany said i broke there company rule , told the new company why i refused it and had no issue . Was there 3 years and old company folded. Karma i guess.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    subzero89 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  6. subzero89

subzero89 Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2011
    New Castle, PA
    Thanks so much guys for you encouragement and information. I did get another job yesterday and I appreciate the great information you gave me. I knew a lot of you guys have far more experience out there than my 3 years and I am so glad I asked. Have a great holiday guys and thanks again.

7. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Nothing is on your dac.

YET.

It's not an instantaneous thing that happens overnight.

Wait 60 days and check again.

Picks companies that don't use dac. Like local work instead of long haul with a mega.

Rideandrepair and Grouch Thank this.
  8. NightWind

NightWind Road Train Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Sunny South, AL
    By Law DAC or the reporting agency has to provide you a copy of the report. They will make it hard and aggravating. this is something every driver should do once a year. You can request a copy of you PESP form FMCSA here Pre-Employment Screening Program.

RockinChair and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  9. Iamoverit

Iamoverit Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Any new employers looking to take you on have to do a background check. That includes PSP, previous employment verification forms, MVA, Clearinghouse etc etc.

If you hide a previous employer most likely something will give you away after all these sources come back.

Stop hitting things. It's expensive to your employer. Be honest too. The better your record, the better your carrier/job options will be.

Lav-25, Rideandrepair and tscottme Thank this.
  10. RebelChick

RebelChick Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Coastal VA
    Contact Hireright and file a dispute with them. The company has 30 days to respond. If there are no grounds for that to be on your record, it will be removed. Just went through this myself with a vindictive company. Took less than 3 days from the time I filed the dispute until it came off my record. That’s how I knew it was done maliciously.

silverspur and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Have you tried to apply anywhere else? That's the million dollar question.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.