Unsure where to post this, 10yr vet, 2m miles, possesion of alcohol on psp, is my carreer over?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by Discruntal, Feb 24, 2023.

1. Discruntal

Discruntal Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2023
    So during a level 1 inspection at a wiegh the dot officer found that i had a case of beer in my side box. Got a 24 hr O.O.S. citation and no state side ticket. This was all legit, i had the beer in there and took responsability for it.
    Now i know it doesnt matter, but i do not drink, i picked up a load at anhieser bush in ny and they were giving away free cases, so i grabbed one, put it in side box and forgot about it for 2 weeks untill the inspection.
    Now i was terminated by my employer at the time "due to saftey rating". Since then i have been tuened down time and time again often with no reason given. The ones who do give reason sometimes explain that their underwriters will not approve of my record.
    Ok, i get that, but does that mean i am now unhireable? Is my trucking career actually over? Going independant is possible for me but not really an option due to the "start up financing" ill need to turn wheels untill i begin to generate revenue.
    Any input, feedback, opinions or suggestions will be welcome and appriceated. This whole ordeal has been quite frustrating and imo very unreasonable.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2023
    Reason for edit: removed unnecessary quote tags
    tscottme Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Discruntal

Feb 24, 2023
    Please any feedback will be appriceated

4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Another driver on this forum had the same problem. He didn't post the outcome.
    ~
    Where is your location; state & nearest town/city?
    Might be able to help you find a 2nd chance company. Lots of drivers on this forum probably have some leads for you.
    Submit applications from the websites on any leads you get. A phone call won't work in your situation. Submit the applications first before any phone calls.
    The apps on the websites are short apps. and not the long drawn out applications.

Stonehjl Thanks this.
  5. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Do you have any tickets or wrecks on your record?

6. Discruntal

Feb 24, 2023
    I live in Akron, Ohio, have always been reagonal/dedicated while available to run coast to coast. No wrecks, never failed a screen, i have had some minor traffic tickets regarding things like disobeying traffic control devices and driving on marked lanes though i have had those charges reduced and/or dismissed. My dmv record is good with 0 points and 0 moving violations.
    The only other thing that i can even think of is a speed warning and overwieght that is on my psp. I was not issued a ticket for either and both are reported falsely. The speed warning was for 6 over the limit, not the 15+ that it says and the overwieght was for 1700 on drives, not the 2500+ they claimed. I have been through the works for those last 2 issues and i already that because i was not issued a state side ticket they are uncontestable through data Qs.
    At the time of the overwieght and speed warning i was fairly ignorant of the way c.s.a./psp worked and was told by those dot officers that since i wasnt issued a ticket,there were no repercussions. So i was relieved yet ignorant of the impacts.
    Now, finding employment just seems impossible. And evidently most companies treat this offence as a dui/dwi

Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    Reason for edit: Spelling
  7. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maximus Group
    maximusgroupusa.com
    3535 Brady Ln, Lafayette, IN 47909
    BENEFITS:
    • Earn up to 72 CPM
    • $1,100- $1,800 weekly pay
    • Flexible home time
    • Drivers earn $3,500 in bonuses the first year with first $500 paid after first dispatched load
    • Paid $250 for orientation

9. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.