Update on choosing a school

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by COBB2070, Jan 1, 2019.

1. COBB2070

COBB2070 Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    So a while back I posted about wanting to go to CRST's school here in CA. Read some good and some bad responses about CRST and company training in general I recently talked to a Swift driver who gave me a recruiters card and I decided to do their application online. The recruiter (and driver) I talked to was from the refer division. Now I'm looking at them because I can pay $3,800 up front (or on the back end) and have no commitment to work for them. In the meantime I'm going to continue driving for the company in with now and switch my NVDL to CADL and apply for the class C CDL and hazmat and maybe the airbrake endorsement (I intend to get this done this month). Thing is my goal is OTR, terminal to terminal, drop and hook driving. Does anyone think Swift can (or CRST) can provide that. A plus with Swift is, I believe after 3 months I can drive solo if I want. All answers and input is welcomed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Swift can send u out otr solo after ur done with ur mentor but terminal to terminals i not sure about that, i do know swift had alot of drop and hook stuff in dry van division which is the next best thing, .. I not sure what a class c is i think thats a box truck .. U need a class a to drive a truck

COBB2070 Thanks this.
  4. COBB2070

COBB2070 Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2018
    SoCal...The OC
    Correct Class C is under 26K but a Class C CDL allows me to travel interstate where as now I'm locked in to just CA trips. We get a lot of trips to Reno. Vegas,and Phoenix that they could run with a 16' bobtail but run with larger trucks because small truck drivers don't have CDL's (they may have an airbrake endorsement, but not the CDL).Figure for the $86 investment (CDL + HazMat), I can earn more.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.