UPS recruiting video. Chicago location

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by De Trucker, Mar 27, 2020.

1. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017

You work for ups ground as a feeder driver ?

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    Yessir.

4. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    A lot of the people who have commented on this thread either do or have worked for UPS.

NavigatorWife, Banker and Dennixx Thank this.
  5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Not me, never really wanted to drive for Brown. Never liked brown attire. You can imagine the shock when the company I worked for, got brown uniforms. I even got bit by a dog once, the guy said, "sorry, my dog hates the UPS person". To me, it was too much like an army, everybody drives the same truck, and all look the same. I was an outlaw in slippers and blue jeans driving chrome laden big rigs. I didn't make as much money, but it was a heck of a ride while it lasted.

6. LtlAnonymous

Dec 23, 2016
    Hey, absolutely. Everyone makes their own way in this game. We all have our own distinct tastes.

bzinger and 201 Thank this.
  7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    I had some UPS team truck drive tell me they only stop to fuel. I guess driving from Chicago to Portland Maine to Portland Oregon to Phoenix Arizona and back to Chicago in a week. 7,354 miles week

NavigatorWife and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  8. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    It's all in what you want to do. I know teams that always stop. Eat at restaurants. Check out the scenery etc.

When I was teaming at this same hub, we did not stop either. Brought our food with us and everything we needed.
    But we only ran only ran 4250 miles a week which took us 3 days. 3 days on 4 days off a week. I went back on Brown Trucks when we rebid in the winter. Now i'm home everyday, but I work 5 days a week for the same money.

NavigatorWife and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There were weeks we turned in 7 grand in miles we did not stop either unless to fuel. Everything else was in the truck.

NavigatorWife, LtlAnonymous and Brandt Thank this.
  10. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I am guessing that particular route he quoted was just a scenario, although it could be one of many jobs they have. When I was running teams at Buster a 6,000 mile run was high miles. 5,000 something is about average. Due to the greed of senior drivers if there is a 7,354 run a new driver won’t get it. That run would pay each driver at full scale roughly $3,500 a week and it will be a higher seniority driver running that. UPS allows plenty of time on the schedule to stop eat and shower and still get there on time. The uptight drivers don’t stop for anything because they think that extra couple hours a week gone from home will ruin their lives. I know because I covered nearly every run at UPS on call for several years and I ran with many of those uptight drivers. Others drivers who weren’t uptight we stoped and ate when we felt like it.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I remember one outfit sending me nasty grams everytime i stopped to eat. 4 meals a day. Sometimes a 5th in the night.

Get going yer late. What are you doing anyway?

Eating. I am not a robot.

Everytime they did that I just drove slower and stopped more. I was eliminated from that company before too long I think it was 6 weeks. Loads were not late but they did not get to see me pull in 2 days early and then sit... if I am going to lose 2 days during the trip I might as well enjoy the food and the wait staff.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.