UPS vs Old Dominion doubles

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Bodhiknight, Aug 19, 2018.

1. BigDog Trucker

BigDog Trucker Heavy Load Member

Nov 4, 2018
    If youre running sleeper, you can def make that money. How many sleeper jobs in ups? Maybe a couple thousand? Is De Trucker running sleeper? If so, he can def gross 3k. Otherwise, I dont see how he's making that running feeder at 3rd yr pay progression.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    Forced OT at the tune of 60+ hours a week gets old real fast. There are def guys who soak it up as much as they can, but these are the same guys who act like theyre 1 paycheck away from going broke. I guess it all boils down to what you want for yourself and in your life.

But ya know, its funny. One of the big reasons for unions was to inprove working conditions, such as 8 hour workday. And even though ups is teamster, theyre working confitions are junk lol. Its like a turn of the century sweatshop where youre given just enough time to get some sleep before you get up and do it all over again.

4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I do agree with the too many hours forced being BS. I hired in when it was 8 off from punch out to punch in during peak. Didn’t leave much time for rest. But nobody made me stay. It really isn’t that bad after you get a bid or some seniority. Most jobs suck at the beginning.
    The real bottom line is that either UPS covers their customers freight or someone else will. Therefore you step up to the plate and work until the job is done. Or you can always leave. They are no different than any company. The customer stays happy or the customer leaves.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
    De Trucker and BigDog Trucker Thank this.
  5. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    The problem with ups is that they are beholden to their shareholders, and thus are completely driven by the profit. Im leaving upsf for a bunch of reasons I guess. One is how the recent contract negotiations went down and how they cowered the union. Another is how they treat their drivers. Another is the condition of equipment.

The problem with ups is they will use their name to push your nose into the dirt. Now, some guys are OK with that bc theyre making 100k a year. Others, I guess like me, will say f it, and find something more suitable elsewhere.

Note, if these were hard economic times, I wouldnt have anything to say and would still be working for upsf.

Coover Thanks this.
  6. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I am not on sleeper. I run day cab feeder brown. I grossed just under 3k. To be exact $2855 in 4 days.
    And yes that is 3 year progression. If I was on sleeper it woulda been a lot more.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  7. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
  8. BigDog Trucker

Nov 4, 2018
    Wow. Are you mileage then?

9. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
    Some days I run mileage some hourly. At Feeders we top out our mileage rate after 3 years.
    And since I'm on the extra board I get a mix of different runs.

BigDog Trucker Thanks this.
  10. KaoMinerva

KaoMinerva Transcendent God

Feb 5, 2016
  11. De Trucker

Apr 21, 2015
    Lol

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.