Urine containers, and worse with my team driver.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Curdog1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    i am a female CDL holder with one year of OTR experience east coast to California. The company I am with hired me directly from a technical ciollege CDL school and has never assigned me to a “real” trainer, just some guys who have drove for a long time. Long story short, I have run with 5 co drivers, all but one men. All but the one I have always made restroom stops never kept a urine jug on the truck. I have a real problem with current driver who keep two 1 gallon milk jugs to pee in and never empties them. Lately he has become very sloppy not even trying to put them away so I can’t see them but even uses them where I can hear and smell everything, and barely closes the curtain. I don’t think he means anything by this but it is very offensive to me and he ever poops in the sleeper while I am driving (with a trash bag in the trash can). Now I don’t let my dog at home poop in my house much less a stranger. But this guy is extremely overweight and has a fragile ego and plus: He does not bathe sometimes before we leave and never while we are out ona run. I’m sorry, he stinks. Should I just let the company handle it or grow some balls and just tell him. I also do not trust him if he should get his feelings hurt to make me a target to get me fired. I have heard that urinecontainers are a DOT violation. Is this true?

Wargames and CruzControhl Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Enjoy finding a convenient place to park, eat, sleep or use the bathroom for 70 feet of truck.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Pooping in the truck is pretty extreme. The down side of running team is their never seems to be enough time to stop. At 1,200 miles a day they only leaves 2 hour to stop and fuel and eat and shower.

Try asking for another driver of you like running team

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I prefer to use Aviation containers for flying in small planes, they have the proper receptacles for men and female organs. And store the urine safely until disposed of and then cleaned with sanitation designed to really clean them.

Now I draw the line at pooping in the sleeper. You cannot imagine the infectious risk and in a bed to sleep in to boot. It's not ever acceptable.

I would contact the company, A operations manager directly and explain the situation and get the eff out of there. It is your body, your immune system and your heath that is at threat here. Not to mention a serious problem with that driver.

The company will deal with him. Get out of that truck, situation and away from him. Do it quietly with a phone call and arrange to hit the next company yard to do it. The sooner you do the less of a big problem it will be.

You have to stand up in your boots on this one. Anything less is not acceptable.

Now with wife and I we had a proper human toilet for number two on human based litter for lack of a better word with additional chemicals designed to dehydrate the waste and turn it into a biodegradable lump in a bag easily taken and buried in two feet of ground anywhere. Nature takes care of the rest.

We only did that toilet from a major camping supply store with the necessary supplies and we still have it to this day ready to go if the water situation should quit (As it does once in a while here at home)

It's a measure of commonsense and being able to be nice about it in that sleeper when and if necessary between spouse and I. Everything from properly going to disposal is all correct. But most all trucks don't have that. (And should)

KB3MMX, Lepton1, Dino soar and 3 others Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Even then you can find 15 #### minutes to take care of the problem.

Woodys and Oldironfan Thank this.
  7. Brandt

Brandt Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2012
    When I was a trainer we did loads for Conway they are now XPO but the trucking company I worked for had a deal if the load was late the load was free. It was to much pressure because you could not stop and take shower of it meant the load would be late.

We had 2 hour a day the truck could stop that included fueling bathrooms and shower and eating. Running solo is much better unless people like running team and that pressure

Lepton1, Oldironfan and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    ok, you have ONE year of experience as you say..??

then in all frankness, find a solo job someplace else. you CAN do better.

the co-drivers lack of respect to you speaks volumes.

9. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    Actually I have talked to the company about it about three times. I told them I would stay with the co driver until they could find someone else but they are kinda pissed off because they say it’s hard to find people to team with a female. I have not been an easy employee I don’t think but it seems like they put me with people nobody else wants to run with. They hand me chicken s$&@ and I make chicken salad out of it. I’m afraid I might even lose my job for this latest thing. But they are otherwise a pretty good company good dispatch good equipment always pay when you complete a run. However even after close to a year of solid OTR team driving, average 5000 miles 3-4 times a month I am still on training pay. I am also a single mother and hate being away from my son because I worry.

Grubby, KB3MMX and x1Heavy Thank this.
  10. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    As a team there were times with FFE where we were 7 minutes early leaving Avenel NJ for LA we made LA 4 minutes to the good. It was one of those runs where we did not stop for nothing except fuel and tried to nurse that century towards a 2000 mile refill instead of 1600 refill. We got away wtih it. But leaving Avenel there were messages on satellite from LA dispatch thinking we were going to be late.

We told them open us up to ungoverned so we can get out and make time. But nope. We could guarantee Armarillo overnight. And LA really fast from there.

Oldironfan Thanks this.
  11. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    seriously, unless YOU WANT to team, find other employment. this is one of only a few reasons why i'll never team.....the slobness of some people.

just make phone calls to job listings, ads in trucker magazines, etc.

frankly, if you do not seek other employment, then there is nothing else anyone can do for you...you have to make it happen, all we can do is advise..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.