Urine containers, and worse with my team driver.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Curdog1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Dino soar

Dino soar Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2017
    OMG, I can't get this out of my mind. I can't believe any company anywhere in this day and age would expect you to just put up with that.

You should try at some point to send whatever person that's handling that complaint through email. You should have a written record of what the problem is and that you reported it so you don't get into a he said she said I don't know what she's talking about situation. Even if they don't reply send it to their direct official email.

When you get a new employer if you need to you can show that to them and say look I reported this and they wouldn't do anything about it.

If you can find a lawyer that you can talk to I would even consult with one if it wasn't going to cost you anything. The other person that posted is correct. If you worked in a cubicle and someone pooped 5 feet away from you there would be all kinds of lawsuit and legal problems if they didn't do anything about it. At the absolute very very least, the person doing something so horrific would be fired on the spot.

In your place of employment which is your truck someone defecating and urinating that close to you when there are no facilities designed for that purpose is harassment and it's unsafe it's unsanitary and most of all it's disgusting!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    Update: I let them know I wanted to make a formal complaint against the guy for sexual harassment. They called an hour later with a new codriver only I have to leave tonight at 10:00. So o am running top speed to get it together to be on time. In defense of this company they are not bad to work for, dispatch is good, pay is okay, good equipment, always paid on time. But some drivers do get preferential. Treatment. But hey guess what ... My new co driver is one of those included in the clique and he has worked with the owner for years. It’s a step up. I don’t know what will happen to the other guy and don’t care but thank you again everyone for the pep talks and great advice. See y’all in Salinas!!!!

4. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    He should be fired.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    They gave you a partner who's "in tight" with the owner?

They might be trying to get something on you, or trying to gather info for their rebuttal to your claim.

Keep the convo light, deflect any probing questions, and keep good notes on what is said and done in that cab.

If it were me, I'd keep cranking out the apps. The company already broke your trust by pairing you with "Pig-Pen".

6. Plantfoam

Plantfoam Medium Load Member

Aug 18, 2015
    DFW
    My wife and I have been running xpo, FedEx and R+L freight for a few years now, and the number of times we have done a 1 or a 2 in the truck is 0.

7. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    My question for the OP is what do you want from trucking moving forward? I guess you want to be closer to home and your son now, but he will be graduating soon, what then? Do you like the OTR lifestyle or you looking to get into something else that keeps you more or less local or small regional for the long term?

I could never team. Even if the money was much better. You'll probably find trucking an entirely new existence once/if you get solo.

8. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I've heard urine containers being a DOT violation also. I think it's a load of bull. "honey haulers", "turd burglars" (septic services) don't have placards for it and they haul a lot more quantity + #2 mixed in...

I would ask management for an alternative position, or find another place to work.

9. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Considering they don't have a hr dept. I'd say she isn't with a mega. (But in this case maybe should be)

10. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    No way in hell am I dealing with someone dropping a groaner in the cab. There is absolutely no reason for it. I thought taking a dump under the trailer was bad. Dude should be fired.

11. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    Ccurdog take a look at Usxpress they are based in Chattanooga.

You can relax more going solo. Please keep us updated, not all of us are overweight slobs who whit in the sleeper.

Take care

Sirscrapntruckalot Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.