Urine containers, and worse with my team driver.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Curdog1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    I will call them Monday. Thank you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    No you got it wrong.

The eeoc is the equal employment opertunity commission and they are the federal agency that looks into employment issues like this.

These guys will have you come in, fill out paper work to start the complaint, then interview you to get your statement and then investigate the allegations with the company. There isn't anything they can do other than lie about it, so one reason why I keep stressing documentation is that a company can't claim you made crap up if you have dates, times and places of incidents. Phone records and such help too.

4. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    The EEOC is a federal government watchdog agency that provides help to employees with the sorts of issues that you've faced.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    0.21 #### cents a mile?!

That's NOT acceptable. This is late 70's era wages.

De Trucker and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Go somewhere nice and quiet. Sit and enjoy the scenery and clear your head.

Sometimes it can be frusterating what with the stresses and all. However. As long you protect your CDL and choose your battles carefully, you should enjoy a relatively decent life rolling in a 18 wheeler. We had 4 women with us in trucking school in the 80's out of 22 of all kinds, including felons etc and they all did pretty good.

Gender in trucking is not a issue. HOWEVER you got into a buzzsaw when people caused you much trouble and I say to you get the EEOC involved (They are Federal) document everything, write down names, who said what did this or that to you and essentially resolve that. Then move forward with your life.

There are so many companies out there that do well with females in any rank or position within the structure. Hang in there.

7. Orcashark

Orcashark Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Ohio
    It's been a couple weeks since the last post here so I hope you've at least found a new and much better job, but this whole thing looks like blatant sexism to me. You keep repeating that it's a good company to work for but that sounds like it's just what you tell yourself because they've gaslighted you into believing that the situation you're in is normal. It is not. It is not normal to still be on training pay or stuck with a "trainer" after that long. You are NOT getting paid fairly OR treated fairly and being told that you're "hard to get along with" as if that's some professionally acceptable excuse with no backing (you're off in a truck away from all these people for most of the time for F's sake) sounds like classic sexism. The plant to find dirt on you and then ditch you is EXTREMELY NOT acceptable. DEFINITELY get out of there if you haven't, but definitely report them too if you can. You are worth more than that and that kind of targeted harassment shouldn't be allowed to go unchecked.

x1Heavy and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  8. De Trucker

De Trucker Medium Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    Although this is a crap company and your trainer was a disgusting slob, saying he sexually harrased you when he didn't wasn't the right thing to do.
    There were many legit truthful ways of dealing with this.

With that said, this job should be easily replaceable.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  9. Curdog1

Curdog1 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Georgia
    He didn’t blatantly sexually harass me per se but it was definitely inappropriate behavior. Pooping in the sleeper while your female codriver is driving because you are just too darn lazy to stop
    And get out, and leaving gallon milk jugs of urine lying around for me to step around and over and being exposed to the sound and smell of the whole thing, could be construed as a type of sexual harassment. Some people get their jollies over things like that. The main thing is is asked twice for a new codriver and it took threatening a formal complaint to get a new driver before any action was taken. Since then I have been put on the back burner stressing about money for food even but I do have an orientation scheduled for Monday.

x1Heavy and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Uhh, I don't think he did that because you are Female. Thats just the slob he is. I've seen it, and I'm not Female.

"Could be construed as sexual harassment" Ohh, Please...

Your right to want to get away, and have good reason. No need to pull the harassment card.

De Trucker, Dumdriver and dunchues Thank this.
  11. snowmantrucking101

snowmantrucking101 Heavy Load Member

Mar 8, 2017
    sounds like you'd get treated better at CRST if you like teaming. something to consider or just roll somewhere else on your own.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.