Urine containers, and worse with my team driver.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Curdog1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    Direct Quote from the EEOC definition of sexual harassment - "Although the law doesn’t prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"

The act of urination and defecation inside the shared cab of the truck, with her present and unable to avoid being exposed to the events... Harassment of a sexual nature because she is a woman and he is a male in direct supervision of her work environment. He had his genitalia out in her presence knowing she had no choice but to be exposed to the acts.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Sure, If the sleeper curtain was left open.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  4. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    No one should be treated that way.

I believe a good lawyer could argue this case on several levels and win.

If what she is saying is true then that company should be rightly prosecuted. The least of which is her quitting/termination.

x1Heavy and Swiss Mountain Dog Thank this.
  5. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Not to say you wouldn't know what is going on back there from the sounds or smell. That in in itself is a legitimate reason enough to get out of there.

No need to go into the harassment issue. You Women can be your own worst enemy with that. Taking something and making a bigger deal of it with this and that. Nobody wants to deal with the extra drama from that. Then it becomes a problem and they don't want to train women, and then it become a bigger issue because they don't want to hire women. The circle needs to break. Just keep it simple.

Dumdriver Thanks this.
  6. Dumdriver

Dumdriver Road Train Member

Jul 8, 2014
    East Coast
    She said he did this in the sleeper. The dudes an inconsiderate slob!!!! No one can deny that! But a sexual predator?!? Nah, not based on what has been said so far.

7. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    I understand the point you’re making, but the current climate would have those words biting you in the ###. A man would be alpha about it and say what the #### dude, and the next time he did it you’d loosen his teeth.

My wife explained to me when the #metoo movement started a few things I never ever considered. She showed me this slightly dark place where she walked by while at the university of Washington. She was terrified of it. A guy came running out of it (not a threat) when she was walking by and she never forgot the fear that he could’ve grabbed her. Also parking garages. Women have fears about things we don’t understand, and since we don’t I would trivialize them. No more.

8. Swiss Mountain Dog

Swiss Mountain Dog Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2018
    Texas
    The drama is quite simple really. A man who is willing and happy to do these things in the truck cab with her sitting there is a man who may very well escalate to worse behavior or outright assault. It demonstrates a pattern of disrespect, arrogance and disregard for her as a person, as a coworker and simply as a woman. Those are the traits of a predator.

Sirscrapntruckalot, skellr and x1Heavy Thank this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I actually like playing the role of a Alpha. Solve the problem with a few loose teeth before it progressed any further.

At the same time I need a female who can stand up to me and explain things sometimes in a way I can understand. Fortunately I have such a person. I have taught her quite a bit about this industry where if a pretty proposed me to pay her something around back in a few minutes my spouse will be the one playing the alpha and next up is a divorce.

I still stand by the assertions that the deviant proceeding to take care of nature or sexual issues in a common space divided by the smallest of barriers and conveying by not only sound but also the airride suspension etc. Some peopel DO get their jollies on that. Hence my alpha sequence starting with WTF and then carefully applying necessary workplace violence. Hopefully we settle this quietly before any bosses have to get involved.

That got warped a little bit when Mr Beta come up and proposed a good time for a fee around back. Mr Beta does not feel so good after I got finished going nuclear on him and fortunately no police was called. It's done, over. He aint gonna do that again any time soon. Especially with a potential wife in the sleeper. I knew then things have changed and not for the better.

What I see or have seen up to including this past week tells me that if this is not sorted right quick, we are going to venture into a situation where we accept these really bad behaviors inside our trucks from another person too lazy to either get up and go to the bathroom inside or getting jollies from some deviant impulse. I refuse to accept it.

If I am narrow minded or somehow seen as not understanding, I say that's not true. I understand. However I choose actions that have proven effective fixes for the problem at the lowest common denomination. Before getting the bosses involved or the Law or the Courts and on and on and on. I would certainly escalate to that level if it's really outrageous and open.

It is unfortunate when I think that the new generation becoming adults old enough to go trucking or whatever it is they do for a living in life have not overcome or possibly taught how to do so some of the things we took care of quietly among ourselves beginning with WTF and tested by loosened teeth followed by a upwards escalation if necessary. I do think somewhere along the lines perhaps the parents or educators failed this young generation in many ways. So it might be necessary to strip the BS and get the educating starting all over again to what is and what is not acceptable inside the cab of a semi truck.

I dislike all this heavy lifting and drama. It's really easy when you have a predator simply invade our truck after my spouse. I can then see about possibly having to kill him then and there over the shifter to get that problem stopped. He fled. Good thing too. It would have been such a mess.

10. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

To the OP :Get a lawyer. Now. You want reviews? Google them. same with finding a lawyer. Also get an app or check your phone for it already, an record your calls with the office. Do consult laws on recording others in your home state and where your company calls home. Just to be safe. As others said...document everything. Save the emails, messages via your Qualcomm or whatever, etc.

Far as filing harassment....If she stated the truth in her first post(no offense op) an dude isn't even closing the curtain totally then yes...i think it qualifies. Have people abused that before and lied? Surely. Doesn't mean they all do.

It's not your job or mine to decide if she is or isn't being harassed. Nor is it your job, or mine to decide if her actions are needed or not. Thats up for a judge, lawyers and the jury to figure out if it comes to that. An if there is no case, it'll never see court and go quietly away. An judges don't like having their time wasted.

Yes the circle does need to break.Sticking your head in the sand an pretending there is no problem changes nothing, nor does running away. Luckily...it's not up for us to decide it's up to a judge, or a lawyer. A good lawyer will tell you if you do or don't have a case and likely won't want his time wasted.

Far as using this to not hire women...that's just a cop out. Men do dumb #### daily an still get hired and keep their jobs..

Future notice..

I will not be hiring any of the following due to potential for "drama"...

1. White people. - ( Wait wait...now I gotta fire myself..:( )
    2. People of color aka non white.
    3. Males.
    4. Females.
    5. Married people.
    6. Single people.
    7. Anyone who follows a religion.
    8. Anyone who follows sports.
    9. Anyone who has claimed a political party or has strong views on politics.
    10. LGBT people.
    11. People who don't agree with me, even if they do 99% of the time.
    12. People who drive fords, and Chevy.
    13. People who drive cars.
    14. People with family.
    15. Parents.
    I can list plenty more but I think I covered most of the bases.

Wait wait...
    16. Fat people.
    17. Skinny People.
    18. Vegans.
    19. Vegetarians.
    20. Health nuts.
    21. Gamblers. Bingo to Poker.
    22. Drinkers
    23. Ugly people
    24. Beautiful people
    25. People who like cats (Sorry @Dave_in_AZ and @IluvCATS !)
    26. People who like dogs. ( Do I need to fire myself now?)
    27. Anyone who likes any animal.
    28. Anyone who doesn't like animals.
    29. Gun owners.
    30. Non-gun owners.
    31. Criminals.
    32. Non-criminals.
    33. Anyone with a pulse.
    34. Anyone without a pulse.

I reserve the right to add to this list, tho...without a pulse and with a pulse pretty much covers the spectrum.

;)

Sirscrapntruckalot - People talk about change, but nobody wants to deal with the tough part...actually changing things.- Not me

28, Swiss Mountain Dog and x1Heavy Thank this.
  11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I can reduce some of that to a simple sentence from a old Series Star Trek Television Episode in interest of some levity.

Women are a mass of conflicting impulses.

With that in mind, choose if you have been offended or not. Then go from there within the framework of our flawed legal system.

Lawyers and I don't do well if they are a opponent. I like to keep things simple. But Lawyers indict a ham sandwich just for existing and have literally built valid cases against it. The ones I had done business with want to know just the most fundenmental basics without all the FWEEWINGS and all the Crying. Put that away, what do you have left?

Maybe there is something in it. We once went after a pizza shop assembler for doing some outrageous deviant stuff. But like his lawyer said, there is no point in throwing good money to discover there is no way to get blood from a turlip making 6.25 a hour which results in a net pay very close to or at Maryland's protected income after garnishment. At best restitution would be about 2.50 for oh... 250 years.

28 and Sirscrapntruckalot Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.