US 20 OR Is it OK to Drive Sleeper truck with 53' Dry Van?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Siinman, Aug 15, 2023.

1. krupa530

krupa530 Light Load Member

Dec 3, 2014
    Orem, UT
    Also truck stop in Hines on the left just before getting to Burns.

Siinman Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I love that Boise Stage stop. Was there the other day when I came up here. I stopped at The Apple Peddler restaurant for lunch, dinner. Not to bad little whole in the wall.

tscottme Thanks this.
  4. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    That little weigh station just past Bend has been busy doing level 3's all day lately. They must have hired a new crew since the inspector I got wanted to see my Oregon permit. I said you guys have been digital only for years now. He acted surprised.

I'm pretty sure they are also checking mileage tax account status during inspections now.

tscottme and Siinman Thank this.
  5. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Went through and seen no one. Was a nice little trip and stopped at Boise Stage Stop again for the night. I stopped at the Detroit Dam and checked it out. Pretty neat little area.

6. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
  7. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Did you notice if the guy is still camped out in the wide spot between Juntura and Ontario? Had a tent set up on the south side of the highway across from the Malheur River

Siinman Thanks this.
  8. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Not sure where I seen this one set up but might be the place you are talking. It was out by the river and away from most everything and they had a lot of crap in his homeless camp. I seen so many homeless camps out that way it is hard to pay attention to them. What a waste of people these days, I have been seeing so many homeless camps in these Blue states the last couple years it is scary.

Of course every state has its homeless areas but man it just seems to be popping out in the public views. Used to be here and there but not in main area views for all the public to see them. I just cant get used to the idea that people live like that and live in broken down cars and all that. Just a sad time for our country.

9. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    He was there three weeks ago, or at least his tent and junk pile were.

Big Road Skateboard and Siinman Thank this.
  10. Antinomian

Feb 17, 2013
    Henry Ford once said a man will not do an honest day's work for an honest day's pay, if he can get out of it.

11. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    No doubt that is the case. I know all too well how worthless people are on jobs. I had hired over 1K people in my time running a production shop and fired so many lazy people. That was at least when they would show up to try and work. Now days it seems they don't even work at all, just live like what I said above.

tscottme and Big Road Skateboard Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.