US AutoLogistics (USAL) Company info wanted

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Apollo, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Rbchjr68

Rbchjr68 Bobtail Member

Jul 8, 2016
    How long did it take to get hired? I put in my online app a month ago and signed up for alerts about a job in west point ga. Since i live next door.....havent heard with email, cant get anyone at HR, left messages, 23 years safe driving should be worth something!.....or do i really want to work for a company that operates like that?

2. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    You aren't going to be hired for W. Point. Unless they have changed something. They only have maybe 5 drivers. They aren't in need there. Right now we have a hiring freeze due to lack of trucks. Go ahead and keep reaching out to them. You could run out of Birmingham and will be able to load out of West Point at times. Don't give up it took me 6 months.

3. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    @bamanation How does your hometime work? Do you go home under a load or do you leave the truck in Birmingham and drive your POV to Muscle Shoals for time off then back to Birmingham when it's time to go to work?

4. Travisroland

Travisroland Light Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    I live in Ft Payne Al and have only been able to take a load home once in the 90 days I've been there.There either hasn't been anything going my way or I didn't have the hours to load or there was no one around to sign off on my load.My buddy from Montgomery that joined when I did has not taken a load home yet.So I keep my car in Birmingham so I can make it home. I've had to do one 34hr restart on the road due to breakdowns and not sure if I'll make it home this weekend cause the loaner truck they loaned me in Shreveport broke down twice this week.Two hydrolic hoses blew one in Vicksburg and one in Waco Tx.

Terry270 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  5. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Thanks Travis. Being a door-slammer, I had no idea how that worked and didn't know if you were from 'bama or not.

Thanks for the info. I like learning about other segments of the industry. Best of luck getting all of the issues worked out in your truck. I think your year will go by much smoother and much faster when the truck issues are solved.

6. Travisroland

Apr 2, 2015
    I saw there ad in a trucker paper a couple of years ago and called there recruiter and she did not seem very interested in recruiting.I got no info from her.Then this year I found USAL's Facebook page and reached out to a couple of there drivers and the next thing you no the recruiter is calling me.Asking me to fill out an application.They don't have any trucks in Birmingham.Don't no about Houston.

7. Travisroland

Apr 2, 2015
    I hope so.I want to have good stuff to say and when things turn around I'll share the good stuff.Just hanging in there right now

Terry270 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  8. bamanation

bamanation Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2009
    Muscle Shoals ,AL
    You can take a load home for the weekend if it goes your way. Most of the time I'll load out Friday morning or afternoon and take a load home. I live two hours away from Birmingham. I can't justify driving back and forth. So I try to make sure to be under a load. It's worked out pretty well for me so far.

88 Alpha and crb Thank this.
  9. crb

crb Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2009
    USA
    I try to empty and go home with truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.