Usa truck a joke......stayaway

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by retribution, Sep 25, 2009.

1. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slabrunner

slabrunner Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    I've never had symptoms of dizziness or tintinitus or vertigo since being diagnosed. It is a totally controllable condition for 99% of the persons diagnosed w/ the condition. No one knows what causes it or what triggers it. It's totally controlled by simple means. I don't need your pity. I was born in Cleveland too, by the way. Too bad you like to make snap judgements on complex topics of medical science and make glib comments off the top of your head. You need to keep your gig as a steering wheel holder. Mediocrity, indeed.

4. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    First, I am not, nor have I ever been a steering wheel holder, thank you. Second, the FMCSA does not take into consideration whether or not your condition is controllable or not. Meniere's is a disqualifier. Third, I have never had to lie to a doctor to gain my 2yr. DOT med card. You have. What you did is wrong. Finally, Meniere's Disease could, according to my research, take years to affect it's victims. However, when it does trigger, it goes suddenly, without warning. It's not me making a judgement about a medical condition. I'm expressing concern about the fact you are driving with a medical condition that you know is a disqualifier. Furthermore, since you are omitting the condition, I believe a case could be made for defrauding your company. Especially in case of an accident. Again, I'm sorry you have this condition. But I think you need to view all the facts before you. You are admittedly disqualified to be a professional driver. Time to look for something else.

cavscout36 Thanks this.
  5. slabrunner

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    I don't drive for a co. other than my own. I'm defrauding myself? I've never had an accident on my authority, by the way, and my insurance is quite affordable. Meniere's does not trigger suddenly when controlled by avoiding caffeine and salt, substances that are not good for you in any case. My job is contractor. I run a boom truck and take down for salvage, timber frame buildings (barns and mills mostly) and convert them for residential uses. My boom truck is tandem axle and requires a cdl a. I also have a semi tractor and 48' trailer for hauling beams, siding, structural insulated panels and other material. I have driver for that but drive it often as well. It's insured for the lower 48. I have several framers working for me in your age bracket. Your pedantry is laughable.

6. Blue03R6

Blue03R6 Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2010
    ohio
    I'm not yet a driver and maybe I will never be since I can't make up my mind at this time, but with everything in life, you can't believe everything you read, see, or hear on the internet.

there isn't one single company that I can think of that I don't see in this section of the forums.
    this one caught my eye because I am currently applying to a company called driver solutions and USA truck is on the list of employers. this thread is a little bit of a downer. but like some people have said before, just because one person has had problems doesn't mean the company on a whole is bad and treats everyone badly. if that was the case as I can see in this forum, there is not one single company worth going to work for.

to me the person doing the most complaining is usually a terrible employee that can't do their job so they blame everything on the company.
    but that's my experience in life.

I'd like to get on with the food company in my city. they pay $19/hr .
    guaranteed 40 hrs week. and overtime. health insurance 401k etc etc.
    but you have to have 1 yr experience

being a OTR driver and making .25-26cents a mile doesn't really sound too interesting to me. but I could do it for a year if needed to get my feet wet so to speak.
    so as I sit, I'm up in the air about paying so much money for either a school or going to work for a company that pays some of the training. either way, I 'm paying something. but I think I'd rather have a job than go to school and search for a job and possibly never get one without a years experience.

it seems like every industry right now is trying to royally nail everyone that comes on board with them.

and all of these horror stories are killing it for me. lol

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  7. slabrunner

Jan 17, 2010
    Muskegon, MI
    Go to nursing school. Sounds like you have an interest in medicine and you'd probably be good at, help some people etc. Either that or get into a trade. The one I got into is timber framing (a subset of carpentry.) Another possibility is communications, pr, sales, etc. You're a good writer.

cavscout36 Thanks this.
  8. josie

josie Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2010
    st louis,mo
    seems like most companies only care about the bottom line and drivers are not it:biggrin_25510:

cavscout36 Thanks this.
  9. cavscout36

cavscout36 Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2010
    FL
    True. Will will hear horror stories about every company out there. If you canget local, good luck. Most companies wont hire a local driver without 1-2 yrs min experience.If anything, give trucking a shot, right? But be warned things you hear about what could and can happen you will see over the road. Not trying to scare you, but it's the truth. Best of luck driver.

10. cavscout36

Mar 10, 2010
    FL
    AMEN to that driver.

11. cavscout36

Mar 10, 2010
    FL
    Just be careful driver, it only takes 1 time to make things go very wrong. Stay safe..

slabrunner Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.