USA TRUCK! I would not recommend

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by setbro72, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    USA truck was thrown out or not renewed lease at our LTL yard ( USA leased property ) few weeks back. Glad to see them go if true, Banged our pups thinking spot was good to go and fence line numerous times.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. koncrete cowboy

koncrete cowboy Medium Load Member

Jun 11, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I see there trucks a lot in larado

4. setbro72

setbro72 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Well theres a terminal in Laredo so youd see them there.

5. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    They were my first company when I started 8 years ago. I had one of those "we will pay to train you" while we take a large chunk out from your pay check. They DID give me plenty of miles, but nothing multiplied by quite a lot is still very little. Some of their maintenance people were a-holes and the equipment was junk. I cut out after 6 months after it was taking generally 5-6 past my requested home time to get me home (I was going through a divorce at the time) and decided to go aheead and pay the rest of my training myself and moved to JB Hunt and got a 0.15c/mile raise.

Training for them was largely just a team driving effort. My trainer was pretty good though, he would usually get up when it came to backing and such. Glad I got out of there!

Shaggy Thanks this.
  6. setbro72

setbro72 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Albany, NY
    How difficult is it to manage drivers? I'll never forget the time they wanted me to do a trailer switch with another driver, no big deal. But they said, "Hes one of our lazy guys, been at that truck stop for 3 days." Ok ifba driver isn't moving not only is he not making any money neither is the COMPANY! FIRE HIM! Give him a bus ticket and send his butt home! Im not saying a few hours over his break or its bad weather... He's just sitting! This guy is gonna go to some other company and claim to have however many years he has sitting at truck stops! The company isnt screweing him, hes screwing the Company! This is how USA is losing more money than they need to.

7. Pound Puppy

Pound Puppy Heavy Load Member

May 31, 2010
    Amherst, OH
    I dont think I have ever seen one of thier trucks that did not have any physical damage. Mostly cab fairings or sleeper dents. This definitely hurts thier image not just with the industry, but with shippers.

8. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That's a good point. Shippers want to hand a BOL to a that looks presentable, and they want to load their freight on a truck that looks the same.

9. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    LMAO! Must of been a homeless trucker, in it only for a free roof over his head.

10. setbro72

setbro72 Bobtail Member

Aug 11, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Unfortunately the ppm is so combined with inconsistent miles even the would be hard workers don't have a choice but to be homeless. I think the company likes it like that. I had to go to family court recently and they sent an earnings statement saying that from Jan to mid Feb I made $4400! Pure fiction! I don't make a quarter of that! So I requested pay stubs from past and from here out, that was a month ago. I have yet to see one. It's as if they don't want to show a hard record because then there'd be questions from some powerful people.

11. orangepicker

orangepicker Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2011
    florida
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.