USA Truck, Inc. - Van Buren, Ar.?

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by mykel58, Aug 22, 2006.

1. jughead41

jughead41 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Ty all very much, I was kinda afraid thats what i was going to hear lol.Well maybe usa truck can get refunded on that bus ticket lol, I have had trouble getting pre hires due to my self employment, I have graduated from transport tech with a 94% grade average and aced my drivers test, Well if there are any recruiters out there that need a very determined truck driver, that has good home time, (as i have 6 kids and 3 grand kids). Please call me at ....Please no calls from swift , us express (only because i dont think its wise to start out with automatics) or werner ,again ty all very much....Bob

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redrocker1055

redrocker1055 Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2006
    michigan
    first thing s first,remove your phone #,you never know who is here...
    You do not want people stealing your id., second if you go with schneider, i know for a fact they hire newbe drivers out of seville,ohio, as daily driver's(home dayily), falcon also has a lot of daily work for drivers... Again you are lucky if in fact you do live in ohio there are tons of daily driving jobs
    and otr, try living in michigan....:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

4. jughead41

jughead41 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2006
    ok removed phone number (i think) lol and actually im from Pa

5. redrocker1055

Nov 26, 2006
    michigan
    Oh well, it will be tougher but you will still be able to find somthing!!
    I have a sweet spot in my heart pa, the first time i was ever lost in a truck was in philly(well actually it was jersey) but some how i ended up in philly( not good if you are heading to florda), I did'ent relize iwas in philly( i thought i was in treton, ny) till i passed the eagle's stadium for the third time( stop laughing, it's not funny) so i got off an exit, which i found out right away did not have an on ramp(ugg) so i ended up having to go down a no truck route, which a bunch of cars on both sides( i said road, but it was more like an ally) Till i could turn on a main road, found a store parking lot, asked a guy how i could get the he double hockey sticks out of there, And was on my way, THINK GOD I WAS BOBTAILING.
    We all can learn three things from this, first NEVER TRUST DIRECTIONS,
    2 NEVER EVER GET OFF A FREEWAY, UNLESS YOU KNOW YOU CAN GET BACK ON. 3. WHEN LOST, IT'S GOOD TO BE BOBTAIL....lol
    Good Luck

6. jughead41

jughead41 Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2006
    does falcon run automatics?

7. redrocker1055

Nov 26, 2006
    michigan
    I don't beleave so, but preaty soon the all will..

8. RedBeard

RedBeard Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Marianna, FL
    I've now been driving solo for USA Truck for a little over 8 months (16 months as of this edit). Averaging about 2800 miles/week. Lots of midwest and southeast, lots of Texas, a moderate amount of the northeast. Mostly I run I-40 as far west as Oklahoma City, I-81 as far north as Scranton, I-70 as far west as Kansas City, I-75 between Detroit and central Georgia, and all of I-65. Some runs as far northeast as Connecticut and such, some runs as far northwest as Minnesota, some runs as far southeast as Fort Myers, FL, and some runs as far southwest as Laredo, TX. Have seen California once (twice as of this edit - once solo), with my trainer.

My fleet manager is awesome; we have developed a pretty good rapport. One thing I make sure to do is communicate with him whenever I have a problem, but to make an effort to not whine too much when things are going badly.

Night and weekend dispatch, however, are a different story. They're undermanned, IMHO, with about 1/4 to 1/3 of the number of people as are on day shift dispatch. Yet they still have the same number of trucks to manage. They're also not quite the same caliber of people as are making the "big bucks" on day shift. My biggest gripe with them though, is maintenance and breakdown. I've fought with breakdown a few times on the phone to get tires replaced that were showing belts. I've also sat in a terminal for 48 hours while waiting for them to replace the truck batteries and a hub bearing on a trailer. They say they're changing the procedures for terminal shop work though, so I'll have to wait and see how that works out.

There's good and bad things about USA Truck, as I'm sure there are about every company on the planet. All ya gotta do is maximize the good and deal with the bad, and you'll be okay.

9. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    Autoshifts are the future.

10. ajb1972

ajb1972 Bobtail Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Springdale, AR
    Anyone know if USA offers dedicated or regional accounts that will get you home on the weekends?

11. dstockwell

dstockwell Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2006
    Georgia
    So I take you do not go there or you go around, cause no way a driver should pay for any tolls period.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.