USA Truck Owner Operator

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Gdog66223, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Pup97

Pup97 Light Load Member

May 30, 2016
    This makes me laugh , he ask you guys tell him nothing but the truth. After 10 years he should know what good rates are. Hell i learned that before I started.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    He needs to find a company that gives him the freedom to pick his own loads off the boards.

If the avg load is 2.00 mi at 65% thats 1.30 mi. If operating cost are 1.10mi your making .20mi. But at end of the day how much you clear per mile after expenses is all that matters how you get there is going to be up to him. Some if not most have to run a ton of miles to get to that number . IMO opinion if you were aloud to book your own loads you could get to that magic number with less miles and wear tear on you equipment.

Im % leased on i get freedom to work the load board 90% of the time. If im pulling customer freight im getting 3200 gross a week on avg week. On loadboards that avg goes up to 6000 plus on the same miles ran . Thats DBL profit per mile after expenses.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  4. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

It is absolutely incredible the people that come here. They clearly dont know jack #### about the industry, but when we give them the facts, its all of the sudden our fault for talking to them. They act even harder like they DO know what they are talking about. Then its literally facepalm, and a head shake. I know everybody here feels the same way. We're the big meany face truckers your mother warned you about @Gdog66223 dont heed our advice. We know less than you.

Broke Down 69 Thanks this.
  5. shostoppa

shostoppa Light Load Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Atlanta, Ga
    SO how do you like USA so far i am heading that way soon

6. Ungoverned

Ungoverned Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2018
    Well, that escalated quickly, lol. I was thinking of going with the same company, I'm still doing research. I believe with your 10 years exp, you'd do better with their load board. I believe that is 65% of the load. Sorry everyone griped you out for asking a question, either way, happy trails and happy hoilidays.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: skirting the profanity filter
  7. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    It used to be 68% and they lowered it to 65%. Their loads are ok. They do have a lot of drop and hook so that is a good thing. They do pay for everything except your IFTA taxes and Fuel. You do get discounts on tolls and you do get their discounts on IFTA taxes. Only problem is they have NO Florida freight and very little midwest freight like Colorado, South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas... Most of their stuff is like TX, GA, NC, SC, OK, TON of Northeast stuff.. Chicago freight... If you stay on the east coast you will have very little dead head, if you get out to Oklahoma you might have a 100 mile deadhead to get out.. They can call me out all they want.. I've got my authority now. I was only at USA for like month 1/2 so I can't give you any real number on how they are.. I wanted to go out on my own so I did it...

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Ungoverned Thanks this.
  8. superhill56

superhill56 Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    Powdersville, SC
    Did you get you a trailer?

9. superhill56

Jul 28, 2016
    Powdersville, SC
    And congrats on authority.

Gdog66223 Thanks this.
  10. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    Yea I was only at USA for like a month 1/2 and then I bought a 2006 Great Dane Dry Van... It leaked a little at first and I made the dealer redo some of the wall panels, the floor scuff panels and seal the top...

11. superhill56

Jul 28, 2016
    Powdersville, SC
    I was going to say that. Yo can find a super cheap box that might leak but you can work around it. Get you a can of Manus bond. That will stop the leak when another one comes. With my trailer I have to mess with it when thr seasons change.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.