USA Truck u turn video

Discussion in 'Trucker Videos' started by RonnieMac, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Scania man

Scania man Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    Poor guy, feel sorry for him, don't think he has any business driving a truck though! Hate those guys that sit filming someone's misfortune and not getting out to help

Bogi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lowa3468

Lowa3468 Heavy Load Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Portland, Or
    Had to laugh, complete disregard for his equipment, and property, it's sad but I guess we can all agree that's at least another idiot off the road.

4. lovesthedrive

lovesthedrive R.I.P.

Nov 11, 2008
    Sorrento Maine
    I missed a turn in Edison NJ. Drove 5 miles to find a parking lot and do it safely with out backing up. Must be how they are trained these days.

5. Scania man

Scania man Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Saskatchewan
    He looks to be in pure blind panic, there's a wide spot just behind him to the left , his body language says it all, poor guy

6. Pmracing

Pmracing Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    The person filming it had initially offered the driver help, but was declined. So he started taping.

Mikeeee

Scania man and DriveItUSA Thank this.
  7. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    I noticed the wide spot and if someone offered to help he had a way out. My practice has always been to just stop before I get in trouble. Sometimes I've been in those situations because I screwed up and sometimes I was led down the garden path, but if you stop, calm down and think things through people may get upset, but in the end no harm done. The unfortunate thing is that so many of these companies teach their trainees to never accept help, or listen to the advise of wiser and more experienced drivers. I forget where it was, but there was a Love's that a whole string of us trucks had to make U-turns to get to the entrance because they failed to put up a sign that told you to turn onto the side street before the lit sign for the truck entrance. It was a four lane divided highway so you had to go down to the next cut out and do a u-turn to get back. There was plenty of room, but still...

Scania man Thanks this.
  8. Pmracing

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Exactly. A few four wheelers having to go around you is no problem. At the most a bit embarrassing. Which is nothing compared to tearing up equipment, and your career!

Mikeeee

Scania man Thanks this.
  9. Bogi

Bogi Light Load Member

Jul 15, 2013
    Elk Grove Village, IL
    camera guy suck

10. Pmracing

Jan 28, 2011
    Arlington Heights, IL
    Make sentence, bad.

Mikeeee

11. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    If the driver had just stopped the absolute worst that would have happened is a ticket, a wrecker would have come and spun the trailer around after he disconnected. In the end you would have had the cost of the ticket and wrecker with no damage to truck, or trailer. My guess is the ticket, if issued would have been for obstructing traffic. If he had called dispatch they could have called the wrecker and the cost would have been less than a grand. He would have gotten credit for not making a bad situation worse both with his company and any police that might have had to respond. The lesson here is when in doubt-stop. Next step is call for help. The low bridge sign was blocked by foliage to the point that even in the video you can't be sure what the clearance was. Tell that to dispatch and take a picture. You still have to meet with safety, but it will be more about counseling than discipline if you do all those things. (I am posting my comments for any newby drivers looking at this thread.)

Scania man Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.