Use of arrive can app mandatory as of yesterday.

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by upnorthwpg, Dec 2, 2021.

1. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    What is 'the port'?

I can't find anything saying soft enforcement until January 15 though it wouldn't be the first time the guys at customs weren't aware of the rules they're supposed to be enforcing. Did you hear what they did to people in BC last week? Makes my blood boil! They expect us to be aware of any changes to the rules but they can't even manage to make sure their people know them.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/fined-border-cross-1.6259536

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
    Well just think back to when the whole mess started. The PM was on the news saying everyone that was returning to Canada had a mandatory 14 day quarantine. It was voluntary unless you started to show symptoms or was diagnosed with covid.. My parents crossed at Sarina in the passenger lanes within a day or so of me crossing commercially and we were given the same information sheet about the voluntary quarantine.

4. upnorthwpg

upnorthwpg Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2011
    It’s what they told me at Emerson. Sounds like there’s some heavy handed power trippers at Cbsa… as usual.

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. mudflap77

mudflap77 Heavy Load Member

Oct 11, 2010
    South western Ontario
  6. ilovetruckz

ilovetruckz Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2021
    Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    It seems he didn't know about the requirement for uploading the proof of vaccination.

I didn't realize that either until reading a story in the news. (which is why I highlighted it in post 9)

I have no idea what you can determine from his name and don't really care. It's ridiculous they way they're forcing people into a senseless quarantine.

They essentially are imposing a scientific penalty on an administrative error.
    Manitobans forced to quarantine after failing to fill out app

8. liner

liner Medium Load Member

Mar 15, 2008
    ontario
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    tinytim and upnorthwpg Thank this.
  9. MacLean

MacLean Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    I’ve been using the app every time and I still don’t understand it’s point but it’s easy at least.

peterd and upnorthwpg Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.