Used AS-IS Truck, Lemon Law/Fraud Case Help

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by ljesko13, Aug 30, 2021.

1. larry2903

larry2903 Heavy Load Member

Oct 18, 2009
    On the trails
    Best advice you’ve received for your problem from these two gentlemen, find a shop at home that has a reputation for doing their jobs correctly and consult them about the repairs needed to put it on the road.

Rideandrepair and ljesko13 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ljesko13

ljesko13 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2021
    I also got them on false advertising. They advertised certain features truck doesn’t have. But let’s see what happens.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  4. ljesko13

ljesko13 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2021
    That’s exactly what I’m doing as soon as they open. Thank you!

Diesel Dave and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. ljesko13

ljesko13 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2021
    i couldn’t agree more with this.

Rideandrepair and Last Call Thank this.
  6. ljesko13

ljesko13 Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2021
    It’s leaking oil from the head gasket. The cover. Now it’s even leaking front the cam cover. By a small leak, I mean a gallon every 60 miles.
    It’s a decent truck overall. Mechanic who did the work is clueless. So I’m bringing it back to Phoenix and hoping I can come to a resolution with Pacific on what to do.

7. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’m curious what engine is it? I know Detroit’s are East to screw up the front diamond seal, for the cam, and the valve cover gasket. Twice I’ve had my valve cover gasket kinked and leaking. Both times by very good Mechanics. First one was drunk, when he ran the overhead, and it was dark, Lol. Otherwise he did a great job. One more thought. If you’re really unhappy with the deal. I’d try to swap it out for a different Truck. I’ve heard of this more than once, from Used Dealers that flip Trucks so fast, half the time they don’t know much about the Truck.

8. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    When buying used, if there's no detailed paper work, it did'nt happen. That paper work must be from a dealership or cat-cummins ect. Small independant shops can be great if you know them,but not when buying a used truck and a small shop you know nothing about did the work.

Even with paper work on an engine, still be prepaired to spend a ton of money on a truck with close to 2 million miles.

I feel bad for the OP. But even those of us that know the mechanics of trucks, like the back of our hand, can get burned on a used truck. But we are prepaired to spend money on the unknown

A lot of guys go broke during the learning curve of being an owner operator. Hope this works out

9. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Where is the fraud? You are assuming the dealer knew about all these problems. The OP would have to be able to prove that.

10. Antinomian

Antinomian Road Train Member

Feb 17, 2013
    Most of that text comes straight out of the Uniform Commercial Code. If you keep reading you will see that there is no implied warranty of merchantability for "as is" sales.

Socal Xpress and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  11. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    I'm not sure but I think the only time you have to disclose known issues is during a realesate transaction. Other than that it's up to you to ask the right questions.

Socal Xpress and Last Call Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.