Useful info from England driver. Stay away from them

Discussion in 'CR England' started by runningonempty, Apr 20, 2008.

1. runningonempty

runningonempty Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    My hubby is currently driving for C.R. England and we hate every waking moment of it. That's why we want to leave and go with John Christner Trucking. We did the stupid move of leasing from that con artist. We have been making $0.00 paychecks every week for too long now. My husband runs between 3500 and 4000 miles a week. They took the lease drivers off of the $1.25 for fuel program so now we have to pay full price for fuel besides our truck payment, taxes, permits, the whole nine yards. Because of this we lost our home. Then on top of it our DM couldn't figure out why we ran home to grab my $3000.00 worth of brand new comp equipment. He wants my husband to run his butt off. He keeps giving my husband team runs when he knows he is solo. He expects my husband to run 41 hr trip in 3 days. Tell me how to do that legally? His DM loves the drivers who doubles their logs just so they make the loads on time. He gets mad at my husband because we're not burning our logs to please him. Not only that safety knows it and so does the overall head of logs and they don't say a thing about it. England was all ready shut down by D.O.T for the log business, and now they're doing it again. So if you're thinking about going with C.R. England, don't. They would be the biggest mistake of your life. England's on sons knows he a theif. That's pretty sad. Peace.

Runningonempty

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. govols0872

govols0872 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    SLC, UT
    First mistake was leasing. He could of fired his DM. I have talked to 3 lease drivers(out of 40 or 50) that are making money. They drive slow and they don't go home, one guy looked like he needed a sandwich. I'm a company driver, my truck is slow as ####. I get passed by England lease drivers all the time. I see them fueling at the wrong fuel stops(not the big 7). I see them idling their trucks all night. England is straight up about the fleecing that will happen to you. .14 variable mileage = robbery . It's not the best company, probally the worse.
    But everyone that signs the lease has heard negative things about it. #### when you waiting to get your lease truck , 20 drivers are turning them in. GO VOLS!!

4. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    We quit England and went with John Christner Trucking. JCT is one of the best companies out there. We had owner operators tell us that as well. With JCT you get paid holidays, fuel bonuses, safety bonuses and we just got a fuel charge increase of 11cpm. So we're now making $1.43cpm. At least with Mr. Christner I know we'll get a paycheck. He's a kind honest man. England on the other hand is nothing but a flat out crook who I hope one day will get his. I remember one month believe in January old man England had 60 trucks that were in accidents. We were told this by roadside. I thought to myself sorry about your luck old man, NOT! That man cost us our home and to boot we ran 130,000 miles for him for the whole year and our net check for the whole year was only $12,000.00. Thieves like that will get theirs one day. With Mr. Christner, you lease your truck and in 3 to 5 yrs you own it with title. I am so very glad we left England and never have to see them red trucks again except passing them on the highways. You take care

Running

5. govols0872

govols0872 Bobtail Member

Mar 30, 2008
    SLC, UT
    I've heard good things about JCT. Keep me posted, I will leave England after a while. I've seen 4 England trucks rolled on 80 this year. Be safe

6. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    There's one comment I can say now. Rock on Mr. Christner. My hubby is solo and only drove 2,500 miles this past week and our net paycheck after all the deductions and diesel was still $1,844.23. Ahem and that's not a typo lol. For the first month Mr. Christner doesn't take out for a truck payment, the only thing that comes out of your check is the fuel. Even if a truck payment came out of that $1,844.23 we still would of ended up with a paycheck of $1,300.00 for the week. When the truck payments do start coming out, the only thing that's deducted from a driver's paycheck is his fuel, truck payment, and insurance. The insurance is only $7.23 (and nope not a typo) a week. England was taking out $143.00. Mr. Christner covers all permits, and highway/road taxes where England deducted that from a driver's paycheck. Another thing I like about Mr. Christner is that if a driver has a problem, Mr. Christner is more than happy to talk to the driver to help get the problem resolved. His policy is if you don't come and talk to me about it, we can't get it resolved. Heh, you tell me that England does that for his drivers. We tried to talk to England about a problem once and that little smart butt secretary told us Mr. England doesn't talk to his drivers. I thought to myself yeah, but he doesn't have two qualms about taking their money. We talked to quite a few JCT drivers and even after they bought their trucks still stay with him because you're not going to find a better company to work for. I did so much research on the comp. Oh and it's 100% no touch load. Lumpers do it all. You get reimbursed for lumper fees and scale fee. You have a pike pass, ez pass, and I pass. You can get an APU on your truck as well. They have Volvos, KW's, Internationals, Peterbuilts, and Freightliners. If you don't like the truck you get after orientation, you go talk to this guy John, tell him what kind of truck you want, and you'll get it in 90 days. What I mean by that is if you get a Freight at the beginning and you want a Volvo he'll try his darndest to get you that Volvo. Your DM will route you back to the yard so you can pick up your truck. Like my hubby and I right now have this Freghtliner because that was the only thing we could grab. But he talked to John and we'll go back in a couple of months and pick up our International with an APU. You get quarterly saftey bonuses. If you don't have an accident or traffic violiation on every quarter (4 months) you get a $900.00 bonus. If you conserve fuel you get a bonus. Say you're getting $1.30 cpm and the fuel surcharge went up during that week, u get paid the difference on the next paycheck. That's about JCT in the nutshell. I don't want ramble on because you probably are falling asleep lol. So if you want anymore info I will be glad to answer. You take care and be safe out there.

Running

7. ic40oz

ic40oz Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    SA
    Does JCT hire company drivers or just lease and O/O?

8. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    No no company drivers anymore. He has maybe 3 or 4 but within this year he's going to rid of company all together. You lease your truck, pay it off in 3 to 5 yrs. Go see Mr. Christner give him a dollar and he gives you the title of the truck. And then you're officially an o/o. Any other questions I would be more than happy to help.
    :yes2557:

Running

9. liride36

liride36 Bobtail Member

May 20, 2008
    e. syracuse ny
    i also work for cr england as co. driver and they have me held hostage in nebraska by threat of abondenment , ive been trying to leave for 3 days now.so i got on line and might join the class action lawsuite aginst england for illegal logs at least testify for the prosecution of cr england.:biggrin_25510:

10. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    If you're willing to join me I would be more than happy to exchange p.m or email addys. We are also going for back pay with England. I promised my husband's ex dm you try and get us for abandonment of the truck and I will be more than happy to give them safety's name, safety bosses name, and my husband's ex DM's name. I'm sure Lawrence Grey and Connie Nicholls comes to mind. I haven't heard nothing else on abandonment of the truck because my husband's ex DM called my husband personally and begged him not to go to D.O.T. So we knew we had them by the you know what. We ran 130,000 miles for the whole year with them as leasers and our net pay for the whole year was only $12,000. The man is a crook from the word go. If you like we can talk soon. Take care. How did they hold you hostage for the company truck? They didn't get us after we said we would talk. Take care.

Running

11. runningonempty

Apr 20, 2008
    New Braunfels, TX
    I would love to see England closed down for good. The other day I saw two England drivers parked in handicapped parking and neither one was handicapped. I yelled to one of them and said, "You sure don't look like your handicapped to me. He said I'm swapping with someone who is handicapped so shut the F up. I said that still doesn't give you the right to park in handicapped parking are you that lazy to drive your truck over to him. What if someone needed that space and they can't use it. Then he started called me a slut and every other name under the book. My husband now drives for JCT. I said to him hey you stupid ##* wipe how is it making zero dollar paychecks a week. We bought home over 1,800 dollars and his face turned so red he couldn't look at me. We'll the cops came an cited both of them cause he lied neither one was handicapped they just parked there for the convienence. They're going to have a heck of a time trying to pay those fines. I left like heck when they were with the cops. Just goes to show even their loyal drivers to England are crooks. Li if you want to come with JCT let me know as long as you have a year otr you won't have a problem. Take care

Running

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.