Using a ups box or home address for Carrier address?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by HopeOverMope, Jan 21, 2018.

1. HopeOverMope

HopeOverMope Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2016
    I-20 LOUISIANA
    I got a ups style box at a pack and ship with the intention of using their address as my "principle place of business"... it's not a po box number but a real address with a "suite" number.

I really wanted to separate the personal from public. But as I read over the IRP requirements for my state it seems as if I'm required to own, rent, or lease a structure on that property; and that I'm (may be?) required to have someone working that location. [not to mention the 3 proofs of having an established business there]

I'm confused and a bit dismayed now, maybe I just need to stick with my home address... it would be a lot more convenient for mail retrieval

Just looking for some opinions & or options from you guys on here that run your own authority or have in the past.

Thanks a lot in advance

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    I used my home address. In Ohio, where I am, in order to get plates, you have to prove 'Place of Business' or 'Residency'.

For a Place of Business, someone has to be there during business hrs.

And you will have to show proof of ownership, rental, lease, or mortgage, for whatever address you use, with property and structure in your name, or the rights there to in your name.

And you will have to provide a phone bill, landline or cell, with the billing address the same as the physical address for your IRP.

Pieter78 and HopeOverMope Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.