USX drivers...how's your day??

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by musicgal, Feb 19, 2011.

1. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    Naw, he copied and pasted.....even to a post in the Ladie's forum.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Adkhunter

Adkhunter Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Delmar, NY
    How do you steal miles? Did they use a time travel machine?

flood Thanks this.
  4. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    I have been here 6 months and love it here.
    You get out what you put into the job.

5. vinsanity

vinsanity Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2009
    South Florida
    Time to play catch up again...

This last student was a mess so I'm taking a break for a week. His wife was calling him non-stop every 15 mins. When he wouldn't answer she'd call the company...LOL.

Right now I'm sitting in Indiana a couple hours from my delivery tonight. Merry Christmas.

USX is actually paying me a bonus to stay out because they say they don't have enough freight going into Florida to get everybody home. They did offer to let me park the truck at a terminal and take a bus. No thanks. I have no desire to drag my stuff home on a bus. I need to get my TV repaired. Stuff really takes a beating with the students driving.

So...I deliver in Louisville tonight, then pick something up and head toward Chicago. Haven't seen much in the way of snow yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. I don't need a white Christmas while I'm out here.

6. Jeremyc

Jeremyc Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2012
    The Great Lakes
    Hope everyone is having a Merry Christmas.

We made the decision to stay out over Christmas thinking we would get at least part of a day sitting to relax a little, but the weather didn't think we needed that. Its been slow going all week. We avoided the snow in Iowa and Nebraska last week by cutting across Missouri and then up to Nebraska which worked great for missing the snow btodayut the roads were still crappy so that set us back a whole day. Next a wonderful load out of Lewiston, Idaho, preloaded on an empty trailer with half the lights working and an air leak. Thanks fellow driver.

Its a heck of a pull coming out of that place, 15 mph for about 20 minutes followed by a twisty 2 lane road and the snow shut us down in a grocery store parking lot. The next day was a little better but not much, 35 mph for the last 85 miles of the skinny road and then I90 through Montana was usually one lane at best. I figure we averaged about 48 mph for the whole day yesterday. Today is one lane but no slippery spots. We just now made it to Beach North Dakota.

Supposed to deliver in Cincinnati tomorrow and then Syracuse on Thursday but that's not looking good because we're stopping at Markham to get this trailer fixed up for the next guy. You're welcome.

Have a great and safe day!

7. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Jeremy, we pulled a load out off that old paper mill in Lewiston ID. a few months ago.
    It was a beautiful drive thru back roads and small towns, we even saw a camel! We took
    Small roads not any interstates all the way down to south California. Great trip but took way
    to long, not a money maker for sure.
    Not many trucks on the roads today. Stay safe!

8. Jeremyc

Jeremyc Light Load Member

Feb 29, 2012
    The Great Lakes
    We came in on US12 from the west, real nice ride. The only way out if you have to go east is due north about 125 miles to I90 because US12 isn't a truck route past there. It was after dark when we got there and I noticed a huge Christmas star they had on the side of the mountain to the north and a bunch of towers with red lights up higher, well by the time we got to the top of the hill on the way out the star was half way down the mountain from where we were and the towers were right outside of the truck.

Glad it hadnt started snowing yet because we would have never made it up there.

NoCoCraig Thanks this.
  9. Mustang07

Mustang07 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Chelsea, Ok.
    Can anybody give me info on the lease purchase plan?

10. ssrex488

ssrex488 Bobtail Member

Happy Christmas and Merry New Year everyone. It's been almost a year since I posted here. I think it was Jan 9, 2012. Just before my trainer picked me up in Shippensburg. So creeping up on a year with USX. It's been a good ride so far. Hope this comming year is a bit better. Hope you all have a good New Year.

11. ATL-1

ATL-1 Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Search USX lease. I know a few doing it.
    499 per week, about 580 total with all
    Charges. If you hustle 800-1,000 week take home
    More if training at the same time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.