V&S Midwest Carriers - Kaukauna, WI

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by volvo244t, Nov 6, 2017.

1. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    And I'm still getting big long runs and actually hitting the end of my 70 every week. I have had a couple of shorties here and there in lieu of a long deadhead. I saw a guy saying it was all LTL and short freight that he did in another thread, which is why I started a new one, that has definitely not been the case for me.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. trkrjim

trkrjim Light Load Member

Apr 10, 2013
    Iowa City, IA
    That’s a decent rate. Especially not having to worry about the “paid miles”. I’m not a big fan of fuel bonuses. The driver doesn’t have any control over how heavy the loads are or where they go. Keeping the idle down and running the cruise ought to be enough. With the autos nowadays I don’t think i could beat my i-shift with a manual. I work for Sherwin williams and we get .50 on hub miles. .07 of that is a per diem. Then another .035 quarterly for not crashing. No fuel bonuses. We have APU’s but I see fleet messages occasionally telling us to watch the idle time? Old habits die hard

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.